Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Strange year alot of decisions

This year is one which is very odd for me. For one is probably going to be another slow year of progress mainly due to this is my final year at college and I have to do alot of thinking about what I want to do next. Uni, start up my own company etc.

Alot of people ask me alot why has there been no progress at DD yet you are releasing other sites.

The simple and frank answer is, without me creating other sites to sell, DD would not be online. Theres nothing selfish to it, alot of funding is needed into ensuring DD is online and also stable, I'm even planning onto moving DD to its new server provided by layeredtech in the next coming months, with probably double the specs the main server currently has which should mean things should load and awful lot faster. Its a constant battle to pay such high server fees specially considering i'm a student all my funding is driven from internet sources.

It would be a ton easyier on me to close DD, but it'all be letting alot of people down, but its something I've considered quite alot just recently, whether or not it may be a selfish act. Remember DD doesnt run on a shared host, we actually own all the servers via renting them, alot more cost but we need the performance.

At the moment i'm trying to create websites of very high value so I can pay all my server fees off for a year which would cut alot of stress of me enabling me to finish off things that I want like gifmagic, so please think twice next time you email, pm, or post a message to me asking about whats happening progress wise.

So please give it a second thought when you are asking me about progress, its not because I dont care its because I've got to work in other areas in order for fund DD. And if you want to help you can either via clicking the ads every few hours on our network sites, or donating via paypal to billing@darkdemon.org, or even through the mail PM me for a mailing address, Matt was the first to do so via the mailing method.

-- Forum Helpers --
    The staff have voted, however i'm not offically going to name any new helpers just yet as I've got a few problems with the list that has been drawn up, theres a variety of reasons why but I'll post a later date clearing it up.

Re: Strange year alot of decisions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    It would be a ton easyier on me to close DD, but it'all be letting alot of people down, but its something I've considered quite alot just recently, whether or not it may be a selfish act. Remember DD doesnt run on a shared host, we actually own all the servers via renting them, alot more cost but we need the performance.
    : S I hope it doesn't resort to that. I would donate but my parents are strict about sending money over the internet. Good luck on creating those new sites too. Hopefully it'll all work out well.

I can help you out after I get a few things finacially cleared up, I am almost being forced to help one of my CS clan leaders pay to get a new server up, but once I get all that out of the way, I can send you *40 dollars or so, happy to help out the site.

*That is in US Currency, and I'm not sure of how much the conversion will take away.
    [center:161o6f51]LET'S BREAK OUT THE SHOTGUNS WE'RE GOING TO TOWN![/center:161o6f51]
    [center:161o6f51][/center:161o6f51]

Yeah, dont put so much stress on yourself to get new things out for DD. If people are bugging you about them, they can just blow off. Your college work could mean the future of DD, wether you pass everything, which would open up better jobs, which means more funding. So concentrate on your college work more, frankly, I can wait for gifmagic or a new forum, this one is fine.

Fanatic Enthusiast

It would be a bitch if DD gets closed and shit, hopefully it won't. Let's keep errr'thang on the low. I could donate some money (now that I work, lolk) but I just need to figure out how :P. So, good luck with your final year, lets hope errr'thang will just run fine and stuff : )
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

I'm not going to drop it just like that, this was mainly a message to shack up the people who assume I make no progress because I'm lazy and cant be arsed with DD, which is totally untrue, just alot of my resources and time are else where.

If I paid all the fees off for a year you'd noticed V3 up in next to know time. Hopefully a few new projects will help me get there.

Enthusiast

IF I had money I'd definately donate to funding, but sadly I'm poor like a whore.
    So, *clicks ads* And now it's time for me to get a job >_>

Animations - Do not Click Me - And Me Neither
    You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

i just cant imagine dd closed, i just cant. I know what you re talking about, its not only concentrating on your last year, the more important thing, is what are you gonna to do after finishing it, there is a lot of planning, and lot of things that are way more important, but also you have the stress of paying the rent of the servers. i think that at this time of your life, the forums, or gifmagic arent in what you should be focusing, take your time, remember, this is YOUR website and you can do what you want whit it. no one here should be asking about the updates or the things you have planned for the site, instead we should give at least a mere "Thanks" to darkdemon for creating this community.
    do whats more important first.

KRZ

Wow dd closed, it makes sense. I mean you have way to much to do. I still cant wait till V3 and also till the new fourm helpers are announced [not that ill win gr]. I think you should take your time and not get overworked, because work is supposed to be fun, or if not fun at least do able. So have some fun for a change, and leave DD and all the other stuff you have to do, to be done. Then come back and have V3!!!!

Well thats all for now

KRZ-
    [center:3bfbn9pe][/center:3bfbn9pe]

If you ever need to close the servers down for a while, i wouldn't mind one bit. It will probably get you to save up a lot, and you can do everything else you've been planning to do. But one question, is it possible to get an investor? .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast