Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Ranks

Ranks

Well I came on this morning to see alot of people are angry about the ranks I'm somewhat confused as I was neither here or there. However I'm looking into the matter and do apologize if anyones ticked off by it and hopefully things will be sorted later today.

Firstly, I'll be ensuring anyone that has been moved down wrongly will be moved back to there rightful position.

I'd like people to remember if you dont like the ranking on the sections dont post in them, if you just want to do it for fun then the freestyle area is for you.

I'd also like to make clear that forum helpers should not use there powers to modify thread positions specially in the animation areas.

I've already moved a few back, however if your in the wrong location please pm me directly and I'll sort it out.

Firstly, I dont want big name animators moving into the beginners area, why? because there is a clear difference if you wish to do animation for fun do it in the freestyle area and not in the beginners section that area is clearly for beginners it also still ranked. It looks stupid to find higher name animators in that area.

Any request in future is liable to be declined, hate the ranks? move to the freestyle area thats what its for.

I'm unimpressed with some of the actions some staff members took on this enforcing this to make it go ahead frankly it just an abuse of powers and it mess's everything up beginners are a beginner, its rare that you move from vets or inter back down.

Again if you just wish to animate for fun post in the free style area. If i've missed your thread contact me directly or another moderator or admin to help you.

Regardless whether you think I'm right or wrong, it will be ignored, we devised the freestyle area for this purpose.

Last but not least.

You have to look at it, the areas are there for structure and nothing more mainly, without it think how untidy it would be, I mean I look at peoples threads all the time but if there was one area I wouldent be able to find the animators / animations I want to watch. Thats why bert created beginners 2 because the first was flooded to much.

Problem with the ranks ? Learn to ignore them.

Over.

Sorry if I'm not really permitted to post but I want to say something.
    Even if you are in Beginners Hall the ranks will still be pulling you in certain directions. There will be a lot of posts saying "That was Veteran worthy" and "wtf r u here?" and that's not really what the movement was supposed to apply. In the Freestyle Animation area the ranks are ignored and you aren't "stereotyped" into groups. I'm expecting that is what you wanted and I think that is the right idea. So if you want to remove ranks dropping down in them is not the answer. Just make a thread in the Freestyle Animation section and ignore the ranks.