Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Welcome back ; )

Welcome back, everythingís restored back to the state of Friday, 25 Jan, 13:25 here in the UK to be precise so good few hours before Jeremy decided to go through his fit.

Sorry for the wait I travel home from University at weekends and therefore donít carry the backups around with me, so if it was a day in the week it would be much faster. Itís only a dayís downtime right?
    What happened?

Any droidz regulars may have noticed Beta along with Invisble over at droidz spammed that place with content of the likes of sick stuff; letís not forget most of their user base is minors.
    I decided Iíll get betaís contact information to see what his parents would think of the material he posted, {and beta if your reading this donít think Iíve given up on this just yet} trust me, it may have been used as a deter, this has tempted me more so. Believe it, if I have the means do so any information I have to prevent and protect any site on my server.

This leads me to Jeremy {yes the ex forum helper}, who Iím told got rather miffed at the fact I managed to get betaís information which is supposedly to be private. This is your first flaw Jeremy, any information collected by whois simply isnít private itís there for reasons like this and others. This information is made public by the buyer of the domain; it is only flagged as private if the buyer has features such as whoisguard. Iím also told that Jeremy is rather annoyed at not becoming a moderator here too; I canít see why you would care enough I mean come on really of a moderator position. Tip Jeremy surely wait next time to be a moderator or admin instead of trying for fill your limited attack.

Iíve since removed Jeremy, and if it wasnít the weekend Iíd of contacted Betaís parents right now.
    Yes this sounds rather adult of me, but like I said, if it will deter them from doing it again so be it.

This actually came at a good time for me, while we were offline additional ram was added, along with some software tweaks. Thankfully backups are in more frequent supply than they used to be so youíve only lost a couple of posts if any.

Remember any attack on the site isnít really against me, its what backups are for, youíre just making an inconvenience to the rest of the members.

Total time taken to restore the site from when I arrived back at University 15 minutes
    I hope you all had a good weekend, apart from this blip.

PS. Staff members should know if you have a problem with me take it out on me via email / msn not the site.

- Adam

Enthusiast

well, good thing it's all normal now : )
    =my animations=

Waiting for the next ddc to show up.

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro
    Totally didn't expect that from Jeremy.

My verdict = LOL
    This is all pretty funny. Internet drama, oh the hilarity.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B.A Baracus.
    i can imagine that guys parents faces

kinda along the lines of "D:<"

but yeah, i never liked either of them, and im glad DD's back up...

now for some lurking..
    [center:q3tpp333]
    My Thread - 2 Years of rust ahoy![/center:q3tpp333]

Nice work, adam (with the 15 mins, backups and such).

And like I said, I find that priceless, you contacting Beta's parents, poor lil' fool. He should take it as a....a... learning experience. What were the sick pictures of? (basically)

And yeah, I didn't expect that from jeremy, but, w/e. He's gone and now we can move on.

You should carry backups whereever you go >
    Jk.
    It's good that everything's back to normal now, I think it's right that you should contact Beta's parents and stuff, but I can understand how some people would think it's an invasion of privacy. But it's for the best.

Anyway, it's good to be back
    [center:3r0jgpn9]Ancient Animation Thread | PlainBen.Deviantart.com
    Xbox Live: Plain Ben

[/center:3r0jgpn9]

Jeremy goes crazy, I kinda saw it coming.

Enthusiast

Weird thing dudes. Well, hope it's allrite now.

Thread
    No one rates your animations? Do you need help? Do you want to request something?
    PM me and I'll do my best to satisfy you.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B.A Baracus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jynx
    Nice work, adam (with the 15 mins, backups and such).

And like I said, I find that priceless, you contacting Beta's parents, poor lil' fool. He should take it as a....a... learning experience. What were the sick pictures of? (basically)

And yeah, I didn't expect that from jeremy, but, w/e. He's gone and now we can move on.
    it was only goatse,
    most people now are so used to it being posted every they've developed a sort of... immunity,
    well i have...
    i mean its not that bad =\
    i've seen worse

[/offtopic]

Jynx- lol Goatse is kinda one of the mild ones compared to other things...
    [center:q3tpp333]
    My Thread - 2 Years of rust ahoy![/center:q3tpp333]

I'll lock this, I dont intend for it to become a ranting debate, just posted it to inform you all.