Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Ello / Bumping threads

ello, I've not really made a general update for quite some time. I'm busy with University at the moment a few more weeks before I leave for the summer. I was intending on having a podcast completed around now though nothing has come about.

In other news I'm keeping my eye out for some potential new forum helpers as I intend on doing a few staff changes in the next coming weeks, I'd also like to thank the people who have been posting in the rule break thread in the General area its quite useful to get a overview of problems and deal with them faster.

I've also noticed an increase in people bumping threads. I'm starting to get annoyed that some people fail to read post dates on threads when its quite simple. People bumping threads will be temp banned for short amounts of time in some cases.

P.S If you've not already checked out the DD youtube page http://youtube.com/ddcollab dont forget to subscribe.

Enjoy the rest of your week;
    Adam out-

Re: Ello / Bumping threads

FINALLY!!! Somebody noticed all the bumping going on!

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Quote Originally Posted by supaflyninja
    FINALLY!!! Somebody noticed all the bumping going on!
    We notice it all the time, its an occurance that increases when new members dont check post dates, and sometimes old ones.

I don't see a problem with bumping threads if it is on-topic. I rather see that, than another thread made, and people writing "OMG! THERE HAVE BEEN SO MANY TOPICS ON THIS BLAH BLAH" But I guess that is just me.

Obviously there is a limit though. Looking forward to the podcast, should be interesting to see (hear)
    [center:1galr654][/center:1galr654]
    [center:1galr654]SOCIALLY AWKWARD ALAN[/center:1galr654]

Ya, it's often not on topic, and normally people post a useless comment like "wow thats cool" or something that adds zero value to the thread.

Me and old Jon will work something out on the podcast front I imagine shortly.

About the new FH's, is it required you post in the rulebreak thread to have a good shot at becoming one? I personally think it takes to long to do that and I go ahead and PM/IM them.

So yeah, does posting in the thread increase your chances? If so I should start posting in it more.

Not really, though sometimes its better to use that thread over pming us, one of the reasons it was created was to reduce staff members getting flooded with requests.

Enthusiast

I've seen an increase in bumping on every forum I go on, it's rather annoying. But, about the podcasts, will it just be on itunes, or everywhere, like Zune MarketPlace for example, because I want to hear it. Anyways, what will it be about even?
    [center:3d65sgj0]

8:1[/center:3d65sgj0]

Probably on youtube, then everyone can access it.

I agree with gray. And sounds cool with the podcast, can't wait to hear the answers given. The questions are on there right? Anyways, should be cool.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast