Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

DD is 4 years old.

4 years today? Wow a long time, a long time indeed.

As you may have noticed today is DDís fourth birthday unlike last year and the year before... I decided not to leave this birthday unnoticed. Many things have happened since the creation of the forums and itís slowly evolved from a simple proboards forum. (In case youíre wondering, DD was originally on a free forum.... amazing right? Considering my hatred of free forums, it wasnít for long though)

Like many great things, DD was created over lunch, or from what I recall walking to Bertís house for lunch. Oddly I donít animate, and I was on the one who introduced Bert to Pivot after looking for free animation programs. At the time not many people knew about Pivot but that started to steadily build up pace.

Originally the forums were called Pivotal Importance, hosted at bert.darkdemon.co.uk, a few hosting changes later in 2005 we stuck with darkdemon.org as the primary domain.

You some of you may remember the old PI logo;

Or perhaps the retro affiliate button Bert created for the PI site in paint;

Very few people remember PI, but itís good to reflect how things have developed over the years.The really old timers would be able to remember the first portal which was orange and black, then we moved to the official V1. The portal was one of the things which made DD stand out, at the time not many sites were doing portals and for Pivot we had the first portal. Being first at things means allot, like Microsoft, originally position was more important than sales, knowing later it would pay off, and it did. On a much smaller scale so did this forum, the portal was a big attraction but before long it was clear that the forums kept people coming back again. The main thing which kept the forum attractive was that we had some of the best Pivot animators around from Bert, to Jon and many more, all loyal to DD, other people followed. This as result established us for many years to come as a popular forum. When I think of DD I donít think of the portals I think of the forum, the last version of the portal V2 was only up for a short period due to various reasons. I often get asked will I bring them back? And in short itís not likely mainly due to the time, I donít think I could push that much resources back into the site, I prefer to manage the forums and perhaps work on little projects within it. In 2007 saw it us move our forum domain form forum.darkdemon.org to darkdemon.org to solidify the fact the portal wasnít coming back and to generally make the site much more accessible to people.

In 2008 we took advantage of the new phpbb 3.0 update and as a result changed our template to support the new version. A modded version of the Bo2soft template which we are liable to keep with for a good time, but who knows we may change it later on. Bertís beloved Demon Bot character was also replaced with a new one from SB who won the competition to design a new bot.

Forums Old

Forums New

Another success of the forum is our big collabs with the latest being ddcollab 7, Jon has managed and flashed all of them, http://www.ddcollab.com

Also a thanks to the staff & retired which without them DD probably wouldn't be here today. {right after my uni day finishes..}

Well there you go a bit of brief DD history. I hope you have a good DD day : D

-- Stay tuned as later today there will be a thread announcing certain awards.

Re: DD is 4 years old.

Happy birthday DD!

Happy birthday DD :3.
    I can't believe how much DD has grown over the years to a tiny pivot forum to a large animators base.
    Live long and prosper DD :3

Louis
    [center:2ip4lcj2][tn=300:2ip4lcj2]http://i.imgur.com/ZlNjl.gif[/tn:2ip4lcj2][/center:2ip4lcj2]

third post, dammit! >

Happy Birthday DD, we wish you more years to come and Yadda Yadda,
    How imagine how long it took for DD to become a sucess.
    [center:1a8tztwm][/center:1a8tztwm]

Thanks For being an awesome SITE DD. Youve helped me alot. HALLELUYA OR HOWEVER U SPELL IT. *high five* DD! i owe a lot of my anims to you fir hosting this site which allowed users to help me. amazing DD
    Hey wii!
    What?
    Your GF is prego!

Devoted Veteran

Congrats. This site is awesome.

Year 4, ftw.

congrats everyone espically you adam, im glad i found this place becuase everyone is so nice and helpful. i <3 you all and happy birthday DD

Fanatic Enthusiast Fuddermuffin's Avatar

Yay Happy Birthday.
    I wish I was more active when I joined. The old, grayer forum layout was my favorite.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1221454788.gif[/img] - Click Clack
    Steam ID: Fuddermuffin (Team Fortress 2)

Happy Birthday DD!
    [center:n6wbk0q1][/center:n6wbk0q1]

Happeh birthday Darkdemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- K

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast