Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Resignation

My Resignation

Yes, as you can gauge from the title, I am announcing my resignation from the forum. After nearly a seven year run I have decided it is time for me to step down as webmaster of the site. With my departure from University complete this week, it marks the end of my academic study and the start of my professional career. With full time employment looming around the corner it would not be fair to leave the forum in a somewhat neglected state for a prolonged period.

With great assistance from the staff this year I have been able to have rather minimal interaction with the forum as I complete my final year, and in this time they have maintained the site, dealt efficiently with user queries, and kept everything running smoothly during my absences.

Regrettably, although I have a strong will to continue to lead the site and the staff team, I will have increasing personal commitments over the next few months, including moving and starting full time employment, therefore my time for the forum is severely limited, and this is the primary reason I have decided to step down.

So what does this mean for the future of the site? Will it close? No, staff will continue to run the site and I will continue to lead the forum, until someone suitable, with more time and resources, is able to run in my stead. This may come in the form of finding a current staff member or selling my stake in the site and drafting a fresh person in entirely. This however is undecided, and whilst this process is not yet confirmed, details will be made available sooner to the time the change comes.

The forum has gone a long way since its inception in 2004, and evolved into a great community, with year on year growth despite the limited developments in Pivot, the forum has branched out in other successful areas. With an average of 45,000 + visits, 10,000 unique visits, and over half a million page views every month the site is constantly growing, and showing no sign of stopping. This is thanks to the community itself. The majority of the traffic that the forum gets is primarily direct traffic, then referrals, and then search engine traffic. It’s brilliant to see that referrals provide more traffic to the forum than search results.

I hope that whilst I have been in control of the site you have managed to take something that has benefited you in some way. Whether it is in the simplest form of improving your spelling and grammar skills, or vastly improving your animation techniques, I hope that something positive has been gleaned out of your stay on the forum regardless of what it may be.

I have had a number of great years running the forum, and learnt many things during the process of the site's development. There have been many great times, and a few bad times, but all have lead to an accumulation of what the forum is today; a very active animation and general forum, with a loyal and talented user base. I still stand by my decision of shying away from the “portal” side of the site, having always believed that the forum has been the main attraction, and there’s no denying it.

To conclude, I would like to thank all of the staff members past and present who have contributed to the site, especially to those staff members who have been here since the beginning and are still playing an active part in maintaining the forum. Without these people who volunteer their free time to keep this place tidy, and assist users, the forum simply wouldn’t function. So to all these people: I cannot thank you enough for the time and effort you have put in keeping everything running smoothly.

To the users, I would like to thank you for all your site referrals, contributions and generally keeping the site alive. I hope that the forum has served you well, and continues to serve you well in the future.

As this is not a sudden goodbye or anything I still wish everyone the best in the future, and I will be sticking around - just not in a staff capacity. I will remain webmaster until a shift occurs, which may be weeks, or even months.

Best Regards
    Adam

----

Memories:

http://replay.web.archive.org/200606130 ... demon.org/
    http://replay.web.archive.org/200702161 ... demon.org/
    http://replay.web.archive.org/200710180 ... demon.org/
    http://replay.web.archive.org/200712131 ... demon.org/

Re: My Resignation

Damn.. those memories..
    Its sad to see ya go, but its good to know that you wont just forget us ;D

Banned

This forum will be dead without you ... Be missin' you, Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sharp
    This forum will be dead without you ... Be missin' you, Adam.
    Well for the last year, the staff have ran the forum, so that won't be the case

Hate to see you giving up your place in here...

God i got so many memories from the old looks of this site.
    Nostalgia mod activated.
    My Thread|My music
    "A mind that doesnt care is the strongest"

man, it won't be the same without you, it's nice to know you took your time to write all that, and give us an explanation to why your leaving, and just not leave.
    goodbye man, we'll be missing you, and i hope this forum goes well, and better then what it already is.

DUNGiful >> Milkshake >> .Dave >> Dyker

I really am saddened by this news. I barely spoke to you Adam, I am not sure if you were even aware of my existence. However I have certainly grown attached to this forum and therefore to you... I feel that part of my life (literally, my life) is ending. I do not want to come across as pathetic, but you have changed me for the better, no doubt about it.

I will say it again, for some reason, I am really sad. I feel overwhelmed by all that I have missed. I was not here for any of the memories you posted, that makes me feel kind of... well, emotional.

I hope, I mean really hope, that you move on to bigger and better things. I am endlessly jealous of you for having the ability to change so many peoples lives, I do not struggle to believe you will continue to do so. Again, you have had such a huge impact on my life. Your indirect changes have resulted in me discovering about 10 major life-path swaying interests, me changing schools purely because I could see what I was missing via the stories of the members on here and getting a better education as a result (ultimately altering my life even more), improving my English (since I am English but live in Spain and have done since I was seven, my English was not brilliant) and many other things. Most importantly by far, you have given me hundreds of friends. Friends in all corners of the world, that I would have otherwise never had.

I could go on for ever. I want you to know how much you altered my course in life, but I am afraid I do not have the time and I am sure you do not either. Even if I did not know you very well, I will miss you very much. I think I speak for everyone when I say, thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I hope that whilst I have been in control of the site you have managed to take something that has benefited you in some way. Whether it is in the simplest form of improving your spelling and grammar skills, or vastly improving your animation techniques, I hope that something positive has been gleaned out of your stay on the forum regardless of what it may be.
    Although I haven't been really active for two years, I thank and acknowledge DD for almost completely changing me as a person, in a very positive way. In fact, so much, I'm not even going to attempt to explain why/how haha.

Anyway, sad to see you leave, but it's great to hear you're moving on to the big world Adam, maybe we'll be hearing about a family in the next few years (;

Fanatic Enthusiast

I hope you know you'll never be forgoten, and i hope you come back every now and again to see progress. Thanks for the time ive had here.

The Little Frij

Farewell adam
    You have led this forum through many good years, sadly I couldnt have seen it develop.
    You may be gone but you will always be remembered as the faithfull webmaster of this forum.
    Goodbye, My friend.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast