Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Pivot 4 Competition (22nd Jan - 8th Apr)

The competition is now over. The resulting collaboration can be seen above. Thanks to all who entered. I think it turned out well.

Pivot Animator is 10 years old. To celebrate this, and the release of Pivot 4, I will be holding a competition to create a collaboration video to promote Pivot 4. The resulting video will be uploaded to the Pivot Animator website and YouTube page. If a large number of people enter, then only the best submissions will be included. Everyone chosen to be included in the video will receive a prize (to be decided).

RULES:
    Must use Pivot 4.1 to make animation (4.1.1 - 4.1.x)
    Animation dimensions must be set to 640x360. If you prefer, you could also use 800x450, 1024x576 or 1280x720, but nothing else.
    Number of frames should be between 50 and 500. This is quite short so that more people can be included in the final video.
    At least one of the new features in Pivot 4 must be demonstrated (transparency, segment stretching, Joined figures, etc).
    Entries must be submitted in PIV format and sent to support@pivotanimator.net as an attachment.
    Entry must be submitted before or on April 8th.
    Anyone can enter.
    One entry per person.
    Animations can be shared before the final submission date, but I would advise not to share your PIV file in-case someone steals it or your figures.

Animations to be included in the final video will be chosen by me based on originality and animation skill. There is no guarantee that your submission will be included. Violence is allowed within reason but nothing sexually explicit.

Make sure you send your submission from an email address that I can contact you on after your submission. My advice to people would be to submit your entry near the end of the deadline in-case you decide to make changes to it (as long as you don't forget).

Edit: The deadline has been extended to April 8th so that people can work on their animations over the Easter break.

Edit2: The deadline is now over. Thanks for your animations. The names of the animations I received are below. If your animation isn't listed then I either didn't receive it or it didn't meet the rules shown above.

2013 03 03 - Sterilization4
    april fool magic_zaffarliman
    Ball-shape physics= Transparancy effects
    City Parkour 1
    Demonstrating pivot 4
    FIIIGHT
    Generic Base Fight2
    girly fight8
    Gurl_ussay
    jointmynigga
    lueljohn
    Mitchez PW
    New oh yeah!
    PIV ANIM CONT
    PIVOT COMP
    Pivot_erick
    pivotcompetition
    PivotDayCompetition
    stretchy
    Taizen entry
    trickingcombo
    Tsuna_vs_Xanxus
    Zombie Game

Edit3: WINNERS. Out of the 23 entries I chose 9 winners. These are as follows.

2013 03 03 - Sterilization4 (Princess Luna)
    City Parkour 1 (Raymond)
    Generic Base Fight2 (Jojishi)
    girly fight8 (Arch)
    PIVOT COMP (CharizardIV)
    PivotDayCompetition (PI64)
    stretchy (Statham)
    Taizen entry (C13Taizen)
    Tsuna_vs_Xanxus (Seyid)

Well done to those entries. I will be sending you an email soon so that I can send you your T-shirt.
    There were several other animations that were of high quality that I unfortunately had to cut. Feel free to share your animations yourself.
    I will now work on editing the video together. Hopefully this won't take too long.

Re: Pivot 4 Competition (22nd Jan - 1st Apr)

I'm in. But why can't we use pivot 4.3? I don't have pivot 4.1 anymore. >_> Also there isn't much difference between them so...

Oh, boy, definitely going to try and be in this!

I'm sure you have a reason for making the dimensions 640x400, but if this is to be uploaded using YouTube, it isn't the best ratio. 640x360 is ideal - it allows for full-screen HD, as it upscales to 1080p/720p perfectly.

Good luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by H bomb
    I'm in. But why can't we use pivot 4.3? I don't have pivot 4.1 anymore. >_> Also there isn't much difference between them so...
    You're confusing with the 3rd number. You can use any version with the format 4.1.x. This includes 4.1.1 - 4.1.3. 4.1.4 will be released soon which has a number of bug fixes and improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Krustalien
    Oh, boy, definitely going to try and be in this!

I'm sure you have a reason for making the dimensions 640x400, but if this is to be uploaded using YouTube, it isn't the best ratio. 640x360 is ideal - it allows for full-screen HD, as it upscales to 1080p/720p perfectly.

Good luck everyone!
    OK, I've changed it to that. Here at my work we use 1280x800 for some reason, but 1280x720 is probably more universal.

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Hmm... Hopefully I can have something done by then.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

I've modified the rules to include dimensions 800x450, 1024x576 or 1280x720 if you prefer. These are the same aspect ratio and I can easily convert to 1280x720 when I export. No other dimensions should be used though.

Banned

This is gold. I'm in man! And if this is a competition, what're the prizes? O_O

What if this is all a hoax, and when everyone hands in their entries on the 1st of April, Peter sends APRIL FOOLS! And a picture of his ass.
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

ℋope

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Wallace
    What if this is all a hoax, and when everyone hands in their entries on the 1st of April, Peter sends APRIL FOOLS! And a picture of his ass.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast