Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Enthusiast

Post DarkDemon announces Pivot 4 partnership and other changes!

Hi guys, we're having a bit of a change around on the forum.

The first big announcement to get out of the way is that DarkDemon will no longer be promoting the Stykz animation software, whilst the application itself is an excellent animation tool, the program has not performed as well as I had expected and has not integrated with the community.

As a result of this we have merged the Stykz animation section with the Other Programs section.

To compensate for this we are working hard on providing additional features to support and encourage our community to use Pivot 4; starting with the Pivot Support Panel we have a lineup of extra features we hope will enrich the Pivot experience. News on these new features will be released in the future.

In addition to removing the Stykz section, we have merged the Beginners Halls to create a single area.

As always your suggestions are welcome!

Banned

Re: DarkDemon announces Pivot 4 partnership and other change

Yea, Stykz is sorta dead anyways.

Nonetheless, I like how things are changing around the forum!

Dedicated Member Faulty Cripple's Avatar

What kind of partnership are we talking about for Pivot 4?
    xbx is gud
    |Xbox GT: Faulty Cripple

Puddin

But wait.... where did the Beginners hall 2 go ? is it now in Beginners hall ?
    I don't get it ...

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Echo™
    I don't get it ...
    All threads in 'beginners hall 2', will now be in 'beginners hall 1', if i understood it correctly.
    Though i do think this could've been inconvenient to all begginers, as that thread will now be incredibly busy.

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paraplegiC
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo™
    I don't get it ...
    All threads in 'beginners hall 2', will now be in 'beginners hall 1', if i understood it correctly.
    Though i do think this could've been inconvenient to all begginers, as that thread will now be incredibly busy.
    This. Since the purpose of the having two beginner halls is to slow down how fast threads get moved down, I'm uncertain whether this was a good idea. I guess we'll just have to see how things go.

As for Stykz, it makes sense to get rid of the section; no longer popular, program hasn't been updated in about two years, and Pivot 4 proves to be much more successful.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

I know in the beginning I was all for the new program stykz, but as an avid advocator for its inclusion I feel the dropping of the stykz forum was a must. I wish stykz would of upheld to its potential, but of course Mr. Ken got busy in life so stykz suffered. Maybe one day we can see a new spark in the stykz program that will help bridge the gap between stickfigures and operation system.

Merging the beginners hall was probably for the best. Hopefully as predator mentioned, no ones will get buried...but in due time we'll see.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Flume

I actually don't think merging them is a bad idea, if you looked at the post dates in beginners hall 2, it was pretty inactive. As long as threads that have been posted in within a week don't fall to the second page it should be alright. I do request that a staff member deletes the copy of Plan B's animation thread tutorial, 2 identical stickies in the one section needs to be fixed.

I suggested merging Stykz into the other programs section a while ago, its nice to see it happen. It has been outclassed in every way and was just taking up space.

Veteran Enthusiast

If anyone thinks this was a bad idea then they are wrong.

Beginners hall 2 was only created because back in the day there was a huge influx of Pivot related animators, overfilling Beginners hall, thus a 2nd thread needed to be made to cut down threads being ignored so quickly.
    Now since animation isn't nearly as active as a few years ago, there's no need for both.

Stykz is a shame, it had potential as Statham said to be a really huge booming industry here, but sadly it lost it's specialness.

Veteran Enthusiast

Great update [s:1diue5c4]Adam[/s:1diue5c4] [s:1diue5c4]Chim[/s:1diue5c4] Elliott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast