Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Owner DarkApple

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Re: New Owner DarkApple

Welcome DA

It wont take you long to get comfortable around here but just take your time, if you have any questions the moderators will be able to help you out. I'm really looking forward to these changes and I support them 100% Making these changes slowly and one step at a time is important.

It's good to have you on board DA sensei

The Green Boss

Welcome DA, I'm really glad to have you on this forum. I really hope you bring great things. I am very happy that you respect DD and want to make changes for the good. Really curious on what's next to happen. I hope you have a pleasant time being the owner here.

Late admin incoming.

Nice to meet you, man. I hope we can all work together to bring this place some new life etc.
    Honestly I think the re-branding will be good for us. As well as expanding to new areas. I've had a few ideas on that myself (:

Overall I hope you really enjoy running this site; as I know that our community can sometimes be a little brash at first. We are, however, a pretty nice community once you get to know us

If you need anything you know where I am. Feel free to add me on Skype (Frazahf) if you would like to learn about the history of the site etc. I've been here since 2005 so I know my stuff. Haha.

The Little Frij

Hello DA. First, like the others, I would like to welcome you to our community. I hope you have a pleasant and active time here. Towards the re-branding thing, I am sort of on the fence. While I am not 100% what re-branding entails, this website has a lot of history, for me at least, and I wouldn't really like it to change. On the other hand, the change could be good, as with it being a more specific domain it could attract more visitors. That being said, I do have a few questions.
    1) What will happen to the current domain if we do re-brand to Animator.net?
    2) If and when we do move to Vbulletin, will the current layout be completely overhauled or will it be similar to the current layout?
    3) If this were to not go to plan and we lose a lot of traffic, would moving back to Darkdemon be an option or would we attempt to stick it out on Animator.net?

Veteran Enthusiast

Darkapple eh? That name is incredibly cute LOL.

Anyway it's good to see everyones already welcomed you to our beloved site If possible I'd like to get in contact with you sometime because I need to talk to you about Staff vs Regulars (A huge forum event that's almost done now).

Anyway great to hear you have nice plans!

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Can I still cuddle with you

Sup gorgeous.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Veteran Enthusiast

Hey DA nice to hear from you. I like the fact you've taken the time to really assess where you want DD to go. That is definitely comforting. I look forward to seeing what you bring to us!
    Again if you need anything feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Minifrij
    1) What will happen to the current domain if we do re-brand to Animator.net?
    2) If and when we do move to Vbulletin, will the current layout be completely overhauled or will it be similar to the current layout?
    3) If this were to not go to plan and we lose a lot of traffic, would moving back to Darkdemon be an option or would we attempt to stick it out on Animator.net?
    1) darkdemon.org will permanently redirecting to animator.net forever as DD footprints around the web will most likely exist forever.

2) i will try to maintain the current color theme as much as possible. and forum sections will remain the same for a start. we will review again. most likely we will need a new logo.

3) it is a one way ticket, once we set off, we cannot u-turn. i believe we should still be getting at least same traffic. just that the redirected traffic might confuse for a while. as confuse as when i tried to check out FA and ends up at SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    Can I still cuddle with you
    manly hug will be better for us guys.. haha

^So much love for our new boss after this post^
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast