Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Resignation

Veteran Enthusiast

Post My Resignation

Hi DarkDemon, as you can gauge from the title, I am announcing my resignation from the forum.

After the sale of the site to new Administrator and owner DarkApple, I've decided to give myself a bit of a rest; now that I've handed over ownership I will no longer be running the forum.

I cannot express in words how immeasurably proud I am of each member of this site and the community that I have watched grow over the past 7 years, nothing I can say would describe how impressed am I with the skill and spirit demonstrated by you guys; and I certainly can't overstate how important this website has become to me.

So it is with a heavy heart that I leave, this site is a family. In a way it's my family, and that makes it that much harder. For the regular members, you have my thanks, your excellent abilities in animation have kept me occupied long after I thought it was possible to be entertained by the moving image.

To the premium members, those who have bought VIP, MyFiles or Investor upgrades, or to anyone who has donated to the site in the past, thank you as well; whilst I have profited nicely from DarkDemon, your expression of gratitude and confidence mean far more to me than any amount of money.

And finally to the Staff members, those who volunteer their free time endlessly to help maintain both the community and aid me in whatever crazy scheme I was enacting, you have my deepest gratitude, I have never worked with such an unparalleled team of hardworking individuals. Thank you so much for both your time and effort, you all did a superb job.

And that's it, the end. Whilst I may no longer be here (And let's face it, I'll pop back) it's important to recognise that the end for one is the beginning for another, Neon has some great plans for the community and I wish him and you guys the best of luck, but it's a journey I won't be joining you on.

It would be apt for me to end on a kind of pun, but I've rambled long enough, I won't stick around!

Last edited by Elliott; 29 May 2013 at 12:47 PM.

oxymoron

Re: My Resignation

Sad to see you resign Elliot but I guess it was rather inevitable. It was great working with you on the Staff Team and after Adam left you've always been the Top Dawg to me. Best of luck with whatever it is you're planning to do.

You have been such a great father-figure to this site, and you did great in getting us through a difficult change when Adam left. It has been an outright pleasure to work with you, and all the best of luck to your future endeavours. I hope you drop by from time to time, perhaps with kids (I'm looking at two very specific members ).

Without you, it won't be quite the same frame, but I'm sure DarkApple can handle it!
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

ℋope

It's a pity, sad to see you go Elliott, you were always a great headmaster I didn't expect you to retire this fast.
    Have a good time man, good luck in your future, I hope to see you around sometime. Bye!

The Green Boss

Believe it or not, I felt a bit emotional reading this. Elliot I wish you all the best in your life, I thank you so much for dedicating so much time and effort for taking care of this site. You have truly been a great role model to a lot of people here on this forum and I hope you can also take that outside of the forum. Thanks again for everything.

The same Nukem said, hope the bests of the bests in your journey my brother, and hope DarkApple can handle this site as the previous owners, it's always sad to have to say goodbay man.
    Luck in your adventure!

Can't say I'm surprised.

You already know what I think of you Elliot, I'm pretty sure anyways. You're probably one of the most mature and level-headed people on the site, if not #1. Seems like you deal with almost everything with a bit of class. I wish you well in your endeavors and whatnot. Not much else to say, goodbye and good luck.
    Stripes would be good camouflage, if tigers weren't bright orange.
    The turtle is one part fortress, one part... mobile home.
    I love honey, but bees..
    emanating fire really cuts down on cozy nest options.

You're the most down-to-earth and reasonable person on this site I know and I'm very sad to see you leave. Nonetheless, I fully understand your actions and wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide to do next.

You will be missed.

Veteran Enthusiast

Not a good announcement to wake up to Elliott you probably already know how I feel judging from my previous post in Staff area, but you've always been someone everyone can look up to, including myself.

Good luck on your future endeavours and thanks for administrating the site for so long.

Memories - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=90617&p=1686536&hilit=Lithium#p1686536
    For those who CAN see - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=75473

Well, damn. I'm surprised that you have to get on the road so soon, it's a real shame we can't all hold hands through this next bit.

When things got rough a while after Adam left, despite it of course being unpleasant in one way, it was also the most exciting few weeks I may have ever had or will ever have in front of this computer. Thank you for including me in that and everything before and since. Thank you for keeping this website alive throughout this whole between-the-lines stage. Its existence today is thanks to you and we, including our new owner, owe you everything that happens next.

I wish you the best of luck for your future, and please, do pop in from time to time. I already have ten times the faith in our new webmaster than I ever had in our previous, however we may one day need saving again, so, yeah.

Thanks, man. Really.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast