Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Blood Collab 3: 1st of October

Banned

Blood Collab 3: 1st of October

You heard it first here, folks. The Blood Collab 3 is back in business. Stickid approved of me picking up this project so that you guys get to watch a bloody amazing collab. No pun intended either... The collab is so good that one of the entries for it helped a member attain Veteran status so far, although he may get Elite.

A change of plans:
    Originally I was simply going to ask everyone to hand in their entries so I could begin compiling the collab. However, after such a long wait there are probably people who want to animate for this now that didn't get the chance to a year ago. For people who want to animate an entry, you have exactly 1 month. This collab has been lying dormant for ages and I wasn't even considering sign ups to begin with, so I feel like this is fair.

Regarding Pivot 4:
    All of the animations for this collab were animated in Pivot 2 or 3. However, I will allow Pivot 4 entries from this point on. I'm not going to outright bar them because I respect a person's decision to use the version they're most comfortable with. However, so that people don't feel like their extra work in Pivot 2 or 3 goes unaccredited I'll state in the credits of the collab which members used which version of Pivot.

Rules:
    Due date: 31st of August 2013
    Dimensions: 640x360
    Length: 100+ frames
    Programs: Any version of Pivot

PM your PIVs to me, Jojishi when you've either found out I'm compiling this now or you've finished your entry

Entrants:
    ApricotMilk
    Blademaster
    Crafty
    Firecracker
    horseradish
    Ian
    Jojishi
    LkPB
    MCToast
    Memphis

Mr Grape Soda
    Pinkot
    Pivot Wize
    Pyro Mecha
    Senzo
    Xehanort
    Last edited by Jojishi; 13 Sep 2013 at 01:23 AM.
    Mayfire, Phazon, Lolzafish and 6 others like this.

I keep wondering, so I'm gonna ask it now. How do you make a compilation that looks good when the animations have a different fps rate? I mean, if you would play a 24 FPS animation in 18 FPS it'd look terrible.

Also g'luck to everyone who's entering from this point on, I won't do it because I'm slow at animating and busy but yeah.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by K leb View Post
    I keep wondering, so I'm gonna ask it now. How do you make a compilation that looks good when the animations have a different fps rate? I mean, if you would play a 24 FPS animation in 18 FPS it'd look terrible.

Thing is, great animations look good in all FPSs. Take a look at Snapdance by GiffGiff, it looks amazing at all levels.

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzafish View Post
    Thing is, great animations look good in all FPSs. Take a look at Snapdance by GiffGiff, it looks amazing at all levels.
    Thing is, Gifgiff has the best spacing on the forum, nobody else can pull that off.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K leb View Post
    To be honest the majority of 24 fps animations look like they're playing too fast. Using more frames in an animation is hard for people so usually they're never animated right. I acknowledge that there's some animators that can animate comfortably with 24 fps but there's not many. Playing a 24 fps animation at 18 fps wouldn't make a marginal difference either. The animation might appear slower but it would still play just as smooth as an 18 fps animation.

I apologize for the terribly long wall of text in my first post as well. I just had to make a few things clear.

I wonder what happened... Stickid never finished flashing it I thought we had a decent amount of animations.
    Slubberdegullion = Pivotelite.

Banned
    If you animated for this collab please send the entries you made now. I haven't received a single entry yet and this is starting to worry me.

Enthusiast

Thank you for doing this jo! To be quite honest i was thinking of starting a thread myself seeing as its been so long. And what's the dealio with the entries? Can stickid not just send you them? Don't tell me he lost them or something. I could send you mine but it may take me awhile to fish it out of my pivot folder lol. And it looks horrible as well. :C

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    Thank you for doing this jo! To be quite honest i was thinking of starting a thread myself seeing as its been so long. And what's the dealio with the entries? Can stickid not just send you them? Don't tell me he lost them or something. I could send you mine but it may take me awhile to fish it out of my pivot folder lol. And it looks horrible as well. :C
    I didn't ask him to send me the files. I don't think that idea crossed either of our minds as silly as that sounds. I'll ask him if he can send me the files and I'll see what happens. If he responds I'll let you guys know what's up. He's very hard to get a hold of though.

Banned

I have a cool idea for this. I can't guarantee I will finish or be satisfied enough to hand it in but I will try my best, so sign me up please!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast