Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Staff Vs. Regulars Finished! - Reflashing PG 6

Veteran Enthusiast
    Forgot to say, big thank you to Stark as well for helping out with the organising. I completely forgot, sorry man. I can't remember what I ate for breakfast, let alone what happened here in the past 6 months!

I like these responses Makes me proud to say I organised such a huge event. Hopefully DA gets on soon so he can put this on the DD channel!

P2k

So many great animations, a lot of parts in the joints surprised me too.

But yeah as said, all of the solo animations were fantastic. Really glad everyone put in that kind of effort. Firecracker has been one of my favourite animators for a long time now, and this animation was absolutely fantastic. No idea how you have the stamina to animate fight scenes like that, you and lithium both know what pivot is about. Always gotta love that old fashion non stop beat em up action.
    -

hold on am i missing something. where's the admin joint?

Banned
    Oh yea, I didnt even notice that. Why is there no admin entry?

It's like it starts, then just ends with no in-between.

Banned
    Bloody magnificent, you guys, but as much as I hate saying it, it wasn't as good as I'd expected it to be. Well sure, why can't we just get along and skip over the petty flaws and enjoy a collaboration for once, eh? I wish I could, but there's something that just bothers me to the extent where I can't restrain myself from expressing how disappointed I am with the overall flashing. Alright, I know you read that and you're probably thinking "oh shut the fuck up already, you're saying that because you think you're good at flashing animations!", yes I'm only saying that because to my eyes it looks good, but my ears started bleeding as soon as I heard the first song. I mean seriously man, that's not a song suitable for such a big collaboration. I find it more suitable for beach rave parties, not Pivot animations. The beginning of the one that started at around 4:50 (when round 2 commenced) was a bit more acceptable, it actually had a DDC feeling to it. But that's really about it, when it dropped it was worse than the other one. I'm not against trying something new/experimental to see if it would fit for a certain type of collabs, but my God, please practise on something not so big next time! I understand you wanted to see if you're any good at putting a collab together, yet I can't just "go with it" and endorse you for doing this. I'm still disappointed. Also if you're ever planning on adding quotes in your future projects, make them last longer for Christ's sake. I had to pause the video to see what you tried to quote from Lucius Senaca.
    All in all it was just a mess, and I really hope you're going to start disliking me for saying that, because I'm probably one of the few ones that dare state it out loudly and not hide behind cuddly and cute words. At the end of the day it's just a matter of tastes, but oh well, some people's tastes are better than other's.

tl;dr - Just because you're an Admin doesn't mean you're also the best flasher around. Sometimes I just wish Stickid wasn't so busy with real life, that man just has it all in his blood. I don't think anyone will ever come close to his skills anytime soon.
    Merkury likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VginaDinahr View Post
    I'm probably one of the few ones that dare state it out loudly and not hide behind cuddly and cute words.
    I speak my voice :c

but yeah I agree the flashing was quite mediocre. and for such a huge thing I just expected much more.

Hahah i was just about to say the same thing. Although the music was aight. it flowed with the animations and kept up with the pace, just the execution of the rounds change and lettering were a bit pixelated. The introduction was pretty cool having the glitch effect and staying with the concept of rounds but I don't know why you didn't just make it widescreen. You can save the animations as avi files and just resize to 300 for 1080p animations.

oh and the screen pumps in the beginning were a bit off too.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

All you complainers are the worst females in the world. You complain that you've been waiting for so long for it to come out. You bum rush lith with all these questions. He get's a handle on it, get stuff done for you naggers and then you complain about the flashing? Yeah it may see oddly cropped and the aspect ratio was off, but damn fools it was awesome and Lith did the best he could.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Statham View Post
    All you complainers are the worst females in the world.
    wow

I was complaining because I've been waiting for this big event. I'm not dissing Lith by any means, in fact I give him props for doing it in the first place (seriously thanks though). I just expected more from the flashing is all. Not from the animations, shit, I thought everyone did a good job. This was the biggest pivot event since the last DDC, and what if that had mediocre flashing?

idk maybe im being a bit too harsh.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast