Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Staff vs Regulars - Winners!

Big Boss

Staff vs Regulars - Winners!

Staff vs Regulars
    Lithium - Director
    Sharpshooter - Organizer
    Nice Pants - Organizer

Special Thanks
    Krustalien - For making an awesome video and helping out with the planning.
    Elliot - For making dedicated forums for the event, and in general being a huge supporter.
    Staff - For sticking with this and showing your full support.
    Regular Members - Without you guys, this wouldn't have happened. The biggest hand should go to you guys, as you helped make this as successful as it was!

It's been a very long and challenging time during this past year and a half. Everyone has poured their heart and souls into this event, animating some of the best animations to have ever graced DarkDemon. I still remember writing the sign up thread, Lithium and I being very surprised with how many people that signed up! We actually had trouble assigning teams since there were so many. Sharpshooter, Lithium, and I spent many hours talking to each other concerning this collaboration, trying our best to keep things running smoothly. Finally, after what seems like ages in retrospect, we three can proudly say that this entire ordeal is finished, and finally, we can announce the winners!

Joints
    • Administrators vs Jazzcore || Jazzcore
    • Moderators vs Tea Bandits || Tea Bandits
    • Animation Team vs 50 Shades || 50 Shades

Solos
    • Sharpshooter vs P2K || P2K
    • Lithium vs Mitchez || Lithium
    • Firecracker vs H Bomb || Firecracker

I think that on all of our behalves, we can say that you all deserve a pat on the back for the tremendous effort everyone has put into this. It's been a rough time, but we all pulled through. We still have a long way to go, with many more events in store for everyone. Hears to a wonderful DDCXII, and to everyone who helped and were so supportive!

And just for a little reminiscing

Firecracker and nębatterí like this.

Dang, this was intense. Congrats to the people that participated, especially the winners!

Enthusiast

So overall the scores are 4-2 to the regulars. Yeah, they whooped our ass. But i can't deny the effort they put fourth for this. The 50 shades joint was probably my favorite animation in the whole competition.

Anyways, i really enjoyed this event. The working together with each other especially on the joints was awesome. You don't really get that sense of teamwork with the DDC so it was a nice change of pace and a breath of fresh air. It wasn't as stressful knowing the whole animation doesn't just lay on your shoulders, there's other people to help. Although the solos were a little stressful i have to admit lol.

Thanks to everyone who managed this and took part. It was an awesome achievement for Dark demon and one i think we'll look back to in a few years as a significant part off DD's history.

Veteran Enthusiast
    Thanks for announcing this Kody, did way better in writing it then I could ever dream of!

Yeah congratulations Regulars, you guys have totally destroyed the Staff. There really wasn't enough active Admins and moderators to make us win that anyway, but atleast they tried and that's all that counts.

No prizes unfortunately this time, DA was supposed to give them out, but since his absent theres not much we can do. Prizes were going to be DD customized wristbands which Elliott gave us the draft to, coupled with a DD shirt badge by DA.

I moved all the staff camp threads to the SVR section for regulars to view btw, you might catch a piv or two if the links aren't totally broken, don't count on it though

Thanks for being awesome guys and making this happen! Get hyped for DDC12.

Oh those prizes would have been pretty nice actually. But yeah good job everyone! Congrats to regulars for pulling through, and to P2k for winning the solo.

Veteran Enthusiast
    Oh yeah and Peebles, Mitch and H bomb were going to get a Staff position for their leadership prizes. Leading a bunch of regulars and keeping them organised is a good way to determine who'd be good at handling a promotion. Since DA is absent and he's the only one who can properly configure usergroups, coupled with the fact that Mitch and H bomb are inactive now, that can't happen anymore.

Sorry for the uber bummer everyone :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Oh yeah and Peebles, Mitch and H bomb were going to get a Staff position for their leadership prizes. Leading a bunch of regulars and keeping them organised is a good way to determine who'd be good at handling a promotion. Since DA is absent and he's the only one who can properly configure usergroups, coupled with the fact that Mitch and H bomb are inactive now, that can't happen anymore.

Sorry for the uber bummer everyone :/
    Ah, it's fine man. No sweat. Just cool that this whole thing finally got it's closure.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    Alright, SOMEONE owes me a goddamn wristband.

But nah seriously, good job to everyone! I don't think anyone's too upset about the prizes though they would have been nice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I don't think anyone's too upset about the prizes though they would have been nice.
    The biggest reward was taking part in such an awesome event.

Who am I kidding? If I don't get that reward Lithium, I'm going to blow your fucking brains out.
    Nice Pants and Ussay like this.

yay 50 shades yaaayyy :3
    Thread=http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f...67420#p1767420

Quote Originally Posted by Animedude
    What The FUCK!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast