Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

StkShare.com / Beta - A Big Welcome Back Everyone!

We are back!

Horrah! yes indeedy we are back online, Sorry if you couldent access DD or any sites hosted on the servers this week. Alot of you noticed that at times DD lagged, or was very slow to respond or dident at all. We've only been accepting around 20% of our normal capcity while we monitored network usage, and performed a variety of hardware, and software upgrades.

Alot of you should notice DD now loads at a much faster speed. Before the servers have been bogged down with catering for everyone, theres been a high increase of traffic, and a ton of downloads of the stks, and collabs which have resulted in DD loading slow. So this week, we have spent most of it, me and a layeredtech techican making things much better. I personally took the server offline for 12 hours to study
    proccess's that the server was carrying out alot, most of which wasent needed, there where a ton I've scalled these down alot so the servers dont have as much work to perform operations like collecting stats, creating backups and so forth.

Servers are just like computers, they catch bugs, get problems, and from time to time need some kind of maintenance carried out on them. Beside's updating and tweaking the software which runs the servers, we have also carried out some hardware upgrades such as adding new ram additions.

Running a site of DD's nature is costly, i'm funding it myself being a student, of whoam are notorious for having lack of funds sometimes its hard to pay such high fees in maintaing DD from a side non of you see, the technical side. This has greatly effected my work for versions of DD, and resulted in slow updates as I work as a web developer to create a money source in order to keep DD open.

The costs are indeed mounting, and I ask anyone who would kindly donate to DarkDemon.org to do so if possible via paypal.

billing@darkdemon.org

is our paypal account so if you can please donate any amount it would go towards server fees, and other technical costs. I might add some small ads on the top banner again to help fund things.

I'd Like to take the time to remind everyone this is still in beta mode, i'm hoping to get it fully sorted out this weekend so dont start piling on me

www.stkshare.com - First Simple Pivot Stk Search Engine

http://www.stkshare.com < clickable

This is the pivot tool I mentioned last week, which was delayed due to me doing work else where, and me planning the downtime. This site should be a heaven to people wanting to share there stks, and find new ones. It allows you to add a stk file, with information attached to it, and also add a picture of the stk your uploading. I think this will be amazing as we can build one of the biggest stk database's ever. Now new people starting pivot or people whoam already have experience with it can search through a massive database of stks (hopefully when people submit) and limit, there query by filetitle, author, and comments. If there search returns any results, they can see which version of pivot it works in, comments, author, and filetitle, and even see a picture of the pack before they download it.

I think it'all help a bunch of people, the layouts very bland which was my intention, simple and clear cut also valid CSS, and XHTML 1.0 too : )

All coded by myself.. just something I think people will find useful, although I urge people to spend like a hour going through there packs and adding them Its a tad more hassle than normal but I think if we keep the stks collected using the site we can store them, and find them easyier.

So get submitting your stks to help build the database. If you ever want a stk to be removed, just pm me via the forums until I make a contact method via the site. There will be auto image resizer, very soon as this at the moment is early running code

This might annoy some people, but we do not allow people to upload stk packs as in .zip format. Why? very good question well a malicious user could upload a zip file, and fill it with anything, and not even include a stk. So I've coded in a simple extenstion checker, if the file isnt a .stk it wont go through, Also Thumbnails being uploaded must not go over 60, by 63, you can have lower size images than that, however it will be streched to fit them diamenstions.

- Enjoy the new speed of the forums and other sites, and stkshare.

{have a great weekend}
    ~Adam

p.s (people waiting on who won, my contest for "have your banner on the top of dd for a day" will be announced later this weekend for now I need a rest)

Site plugs as always.

http://www.pivotali.org
    http://www.droidz.org

It is awsomely awesome! WOOR!
    Hooray for the search engine.

Enthusiast
    Sweet~!

It looks great, I can't wait to share some of mine . Nice idea, but can it be possible to add a pack of stks? Such as Bahamut's railgun, it would be much easier with both download links in one.
    Insert Blank

At this moment in time full packs are not yet allowed however I'm working on a new feature will allow them, allow a day or two for it. Probably by the end of this weekend.

Enthusiast

This is a great idea. The stk number will be like 10 000... oh boy. But I hope people don't upload all of their stks but don't put in the proper author, that may be a problem.

layout is perfect, site is great. awesome job.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Sadly jeff its somewhat impossible to stop people stealing sticks, or pivs we all know that which is pitty. If anyone does get there work stolen I can delete submissions.

I'd Like to take the time to remind everyone this is still in beta mode, i'm hoping to get it fully sorted out this weekend so dont start piling on me

Fanatic Enthusiast

This is cool.

It's time ta make someh stks & gost ta share em, k?

Well, DD you really did a great job this week or month. Yarly.
    Click here
    Go and check him out.

Enthusiast
    Make something like digg.com and have it so people can vote or digg the stk to make sure when you search for like 'city backgrounds' you don't get a bunch of crap.
    and also if it gets big, incorporate keywords so you won't have to guess what they called it.

Ultimate Flash Tutorial
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd9824
    It wont end like that! read the bible
    And it wont end like that either. Read a brief history of time.

MY INTERNETZ DIET IS OVA!!!

and i come back and i see this, dear god, thats great i already uploaded a soldier guy

very nice layout, would do great if more characters were allowed and a character amount thing but its beta and you have lots of stuff so not a big priority.

I could care less if someone stole my stick because some SMART people will check the site =)

EDIT: LOL PETERBONE IS HITTING ON BAHAMUT XD

SA
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    I can delete submissions.
    Will anyone else be able to? Cause you know there'll be masses and masses of shite stks uplodaded by newbs just into Pivot, uploading every single thing they make.
    Would be a big task for one man....

OR - Have a small review thing (With stars) and submissions with 1/2 out of 5 every week get automatically removed. This only happens if they have a score, so pending submissions stay.
    Oui ou Non?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast