Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: R Book - Graffiti

You seem to already be developing a nice style. The most I can suggest is that you join a graffiti forum, post your work and improve from what they say. You wont get many points on how to improve on this forum.

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Why do you want to spray paint/write your name on walls?
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeo
    That's like asking "Why do you want to draw naked people?" It's a personable hobby.

I liked the looks of it, but it could definitely use some work.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by enjoi me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackeo
    That's like asking "Why do you want to draw naked people?" It's a personable hobby.

I liked the looks of it, but it could definitely use some work.
    I don't want to draw naked people, I do it so that I can understand how the human figure changes and I memorise forms and such to help me create figures without a model or reference images.
    Spray painting your name on a wall is neither thoughtful, nor artistic. Writing has been around for hundreds of years, and I have not heard it being called an art form, so I do not see why this mindless name spraying should be either.

Calligraphy is an art form, but to be honest you're right I don't see much point in writing on a wall. Graffiti artists tag with real art, and get PAID to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMachine
    Graffiti:

Graffiti is art, and where you do it and what you spraypaint is what you would like to represent. If its a gang tag or a majestic figure that will make the town look nicer.
    This.

However, I don't agree on gang tags. Its only good if you have permission, because sometimes there's a need for formality in an area.
    [center:2pvpf5qi]My Animations - New animation as of 11th/April[/center:2pvpf5qi]

Dedicated Member

oh my god...

graffiti is vandalism. thats why its called graffiti. if you want to be mr.goodie and do legals for the rest of your life, then im sorry, unless you're remarkably good, you can't be called a writer. and even then, those who do legals now that are really good USED to write on walls. what im trying to say is, you can't start out doing legals and be expected to be called a real graffiti writer. the experience of taking your time on doing a really good piece or burner is different than working fast with adrenaline but still keeping composure and coming out with an equally good piece or burner. from experience, the sense of achievement and accomplishment on what i said 2nd is way better.

graffiti is like an addiction. sometimes you catch yourself on the roof of a building trying to get that nice spot, and you think, "shit, what the fuck am i doing here at 3 in the morning on a roof?" and honestly, most likely at that point, you wont even know.

also, to the guy who said that graff writers get paid; they don't. legal writers get paid and that's if they're hired to do an advertisement of some sort and most legal writers just go to legal walls and do their on thing. theres a difference between the two.

now, to the actual graffiti:
    it's a good start i guess. you need some work though. try not to make your letters TOO showy though. don't try to make your letters to look like a symbol or emblem.
    as i tell all toys, start out with simples. you need structure and all that good shitt. use bars. search it up on bombingscience or something.

just a suggestion though, try to find a name thats 4 or 5 letters. 3 letters are okay, but i don't think icp really says anything. other writers will think thats either a crew, or that it's just a really whack name. also: white snake is probably a toy because, what the fuck kind of name is white snake? is this some kind of spy code name; some james bond shit? and he wont even show you his work. real graff artists are proud to show their shit.

Dinosaur Comics

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CodeMachine
    Graffiti:
    *images

Graffiti is art, and where you do it and what you spraypaint is what you would like to represent. If its a gang tag or a majestic figure that will make the town look nicer.
    But that is not what you are doing(referring to the pictures). You are practising writing 1CP and RAI.
    Think about it, it does not make the town look nicer, it makes it look like shit. You are forcing your random scribbles on other people that don't want to see it. And if you call it art, then I would go to a gallery to see it, instead of looking at that half assed 5 minute job of a shit stain on the wall next to my house.
    I don't actually care if it is illegal, but unless you are doing actual pictures and not just shitty lettering then what is the point?
    This quote is pretty good:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rist
    The money and time put into building something and then some 'rebel' coming along and pissing on it with their 'art' is sickening and tasteless. Ever heard of paper?
    I love graffiti when it is done well. I love art in general. But writing a name on a wall ,and your only reason wasthat you wanted to vandalise something; is so stupid.

Van

Quite the discussion we've got going here..

Cheech is right though

But yer you need a lot of practice & don't use 3 letter tags

Lightyear's tagging masterpieces

Sorry, But LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Lightyear is not somebody to be inspired by.

Honestly he's pretty toy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast