Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

incredibly generic flower

In my backyard there was a flower, so I took a generic shot of it and touched it up a little.
    [tn=600:27g7psbo]http://myfiles.darkdemon.org/5712/1281573950.jpg[/tn:27g7psbo]

[center:27g7psbo]Photography[/center:27g7psbo]
    Creepy - 1,
    Wasp, no editing
    My DS is Backwards Compatible
    Robot owns your math
    IT'S ANCHORIN' TIME!
    Our solar system
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Re: Dark Photographer - A few dark ones (July 23, 09)

Sharpened and some levels. Looks better imo.
    before and after

[center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Hey, it really does look better.

So sharpening is always welcomed, any other things I should I should fix it up with?

Granted, I did photoshop a little to add black and white and a little saturation, but that's nearly the original image
    [tn=700:27wz0i5p]http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1248382185.png[/tn:27wz0i5p]
    My little "work space", I use the CD cases as a base for support as my hands always shake like fuck. And I used a few pieces of paper to make that white background.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Veteran Enthusiast

Levels. Try to get some nice contrast, but not too much or it lowers the quality.
    It is always nice to put a small black border, makes everything look more professional.
    And maybe put a gradient map on soft light low opacity to make it less boring, but this is overused, and I personally prefer plain b&w

Also, save as .png, not .bmp

Filesize is improved, and quality is perfect with .png

Wow, what a difference. And with the soft light low opac. brush, do I go through the entire image like that or only the parts I want to brighten?

Veteran Enthusiast

Just put on a gradient map (it's an adjustment layer) and put it on soft light (as the blending mode) and lower the opacity to suit.
    There is no brushing?

None that I know of..

Fanatic Enthusiast

I see you are trying out macro photography so learning how to master depth of field (abbreviated DOF in most sources) will be vital to photographing. Learning how to control DOF in other forms (aperture, distance from object etc.) will be useful in all forms of photographing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

I suggest that if you are going to be doing infinite focusing (the farthest available focus on any camera)and have objects in the near foreground that you want to get in focus along with the background, learn and read about obtaining maximum depth of field. This will also help with macro photography to get the whole object you are photographing in focus along with some of the near background without having to adjust your point of view on the subject.

Re: Dark Photographer - Drop anchor! (July 23, 09)

[tn=700:x7c1634h]http://pimp.darkdemon.org/5712/1249761426.gif[/tn:x7c1634h]
    DROP ANCHOR LOL.

I took this REAL REAL close to an anchor, and I thought "Well, it's either this shot or that shitty far away one."
    And who likes those landscape shots anyway?
    Me ;O

Enjoy!

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Dark Photographer - Drop anchor! (August 08th, 09)

the drop anchor pic was maybe on of your worst efforts. the foreground was fine but could have been a better composition if you adjusted and played around with the angle, distance and zoom you view the object. your background was way to distracting and was the first thing my eye was brought to. throwing in a wider aperture and loosing two stops of focus in the background and waiting for the car to drive away would improve the picture very much. one thing that I have learned is that square object that aren't in movement or have action to them usually don't fit well in a square frame; if the square object is in motion (e.g. smart car, bicyclist) it usually will go well in a square frame. if you are going to be doing a lot of square frame portraits or pictures I insist you read this.

Re: Dark Photographer - Drop anchor! (August 08th, 09)

"Robot owns your Math"
    And I had started drawing electricity around the text and fixing up a bit of the shading. My friend took the photo a tad early.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast