Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Acer's Art: umm yeah

using all sorts of stuff yeah so updated down in a post below, check out the new two beach and running.

Work in progreess

Finished work

The Writer-Artist Collab

practice
    dark angel
    dark superman
    flame effect
    RED FACTION SYMBOL
    skull in process
    Boy shadowed

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Van

Re: .Joker Art thread:work in progress come check out!

They are alright..

stop using the brick wall..

I am, i was just going with some effect, sorry, I only used it once, not like I used it 10 times, there's nothing wrong with using two times. I stress TWO times. take a chill pill. and thank you.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Van

NO U TAKE A CHILL PILL

Y so srs?

You only posted 2 things..

I'm chill, you just were like:
    Quote Originally Posted by PH03N1X
    Ever though that's how like my background, tired of that usual colored background, I wanted texture.

Quote Originally Posted by .Joker
    I'm chill, you just were like:
    Quote Originally Posted by PH03N1X
    Ever though that's how like my background, tired of that usual colored background, I wanted texture.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but texture is something that you can feel, meaning if you were using a brick wall as a backdrop to give it texture, how are you going to feel it? You can't feel brick on paper just because of the fact that it's on the sheet of paper.
    Just my theory.

Also, Ph03n1x is just giving you a suggestion on what you could do to improve, which he clearly said to stop using the brick wall backdrop, in which I would have to agree with him, the brick wall backdrop looks too repetitive considering all your art consists of nothing but that brick wall.
    -------------------------
    Red Faction:
    Well, it looks traced, no doubt about it because you got the detail perfect on it basically which leads me to believe that it was traced or was simply ripped from a site or whatever and placed into the art document.

If not, then it's pretty good...if it is, please credit the original artist because that's plagiarism.
    --------------------------
    Boy Shadowed:
    This one is horrible in my opinion.
    -Proportions were all wrong, the shading was completely wrong, and the lines or pen tool used with this image just looks sloppy in general. I suggest reading the basics on Anatomy whether it'd be a tutorial or not, to get used to the feel of drawing heads, necks, arms, torsos, etc.
    -As stated above, the shading was completely all wrong, if there is no light source, there truly can't be any shading on certain areas of the body and clothes unless they are going to the other side of the body. Think of it as a circle, the circle will get more dark as it revolves around the object itself. Once more, read a tutorial on shading to properly shade objects like faces and all instead of just winging it. Also, a suggestion, don't use black when you shade, a shadow on the body isn't black at all, it's just a darker form of the skin or clothing color.

What I think of some of your stuff though, I don't really like it, you don't seem to have the basics down yet with some of the more advanced stuff like shadows and all which is kind of bad and looks sloppy. I suggest going to Borders or Barnes and Nobles or some book store and picking up a few art related books including a book about anatomy so you know how to properly draw humans and all instead of using the ever-so-bland cartoon style [Not to be mistaken with anime]. If you are going for an anime style, look for the Monster Book of Manga to learn proportions from that.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: .Joker Art thread:skull work

yeah sorry guys i listened no more bricks, but here's a project I might continue if I can get the other damn eye to match up. :/

skull in process

hey ow, i saw skull in process and i like it much oO
    i like the randomness its bit scary too
    body one: whyt the fuck is wrong with it? i like it. its an own style.

thanks dude, your comment is well taken for.

BUMP:Beach used microsoft paint.

beach
    running

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast