Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Devoted Veteran

Firebird's Block Sig Tutorial [Easy]

[center:b06v0psj]Firebird's Block Sig Tutorial[/center:b06v0psj]
    Well, it seems that my signature has been really catching on lately, and I have had quite a few requests, and even people attempting to make one themselves in paint. (<3 Betrayal). Anyways, I'm here to show you guys how to make one. Here's the finished result:

[center:b06v0psj][/center:b06v0psj]

Let's Begin
    First of all, you'll need to make a new document about 350x130, with a transparent background. Before we begin, remember that you want to try and make your's as unique as it can be, still using this style. You'll want to start with a basic 'block' structure. To make this, you can use the Rectangle tool:

Remember to use a light shade of color for these. You'll probably need to make two or more segments using the rectangle tool, so once you've made them you'll need to go to the layers tab,

right click a layer, and press 'Merge Visible'. Here's what we should be working with. (May vary depending on shape, and placement chosen.)

Now, with that done, go to the top menu panel and select 'Layer'. In that dropdown menu, go to Layer Style>Stroke. For the stroke, keep it at 3 and use a darker shade of the previously used color for the best effect. (Or you could just go psychedelic and use gradient overlays for everything..). After you've added the stroke, go to Layer> Layer Style> Drop Shadow. (I usually set it to 100% opacity, but you don't have to.) You should be seeing something to this effect:

Make a new layer. Now what we're gonna do is draw some lines to add a little something to our block. Use white color and the pencil tool (click and hold 'brush' button) to draw some lines that fit in. Add a 1 px stroke them that is the same color as the outline of our block. It should look like this:

Now you're done with the block! Simple enough, right? Now on to the text. Make a new layer, and select the 'Text' tool, and 'Visitor TT2' font-Download here (Commonly used for userbars). Type your name in a large font, 72 usually works fine. Smaller is recommended for longer names, though. Make your name the same color as the outline of the block, add a stroke effect (default px size) the color of the inside of the block, then add a drop shadow. Here's what you should have so far:

Seems like something's missing? Yeah, the subtext. It's completely up to you as to what text you put, but I'll tell you the steps to making it look better. We're still using the same font for this, but you may want to size it down a bit. For the text, let it overlap the previous text a little. Use the same color as the inside of the block this time, add a stroke effect like the outer stroke of the block, and add a drop shadow to this, as well. Then go to Layer>Layer Style> Blending Options and set the Opacity to around 75. Here's your product:

I see now, yellow wasn't the best color to go with, ew. Oh well. Be sure to experiment, and most importantly, have fun.

I have no problem with you making one of these yourself, but I'd rather you not remake these in or for a shop.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Firebird's Block Sig Tutorial

why thankyou FB, i might just make one of these myself

*looks at signature*

;]
    [center:276dk9et]:I[/center:276dk9et]

Hey, nice tutorial. Would this be possible to do in GIMP? (Proabably not)
    [center:1h4aebo3]
    You want to know the difference.. between a weak burger, and a burger that has STRENGTH?
    [/center:1h4aebo3]

Devoted Veteran

As long as there is a shadow effect in gimp, I'm sure you could do it.

Gimp,would be nice(I NEED Photoshop.)
    [center:2swpww2u]|New Thread|Old Thread|Youtube|[/center:2swpww2u]
    [center:2swpww2u]~ Don&#39;t bother clicking the thread links for now. My animations are stored in my old computer that is put away for a bit. ~[/center:2swpww2u]

I think Im in love with you Firey

Fanatic Enthusiast

Wow, this turned out better than I thought.

Thankyou so much Firebird!

<3

[img]http://**********.com/img/1259273804.png[/img]

Nice?
    [center:276dk9et]:I[/center:276dk9et]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Oh thats cool.
    But where would i save the font?
    I have the portable version of CS4, and cant find the right folder to save the font in. D:

[center:3hg7t8om]|| Short Stories || Thread ||

[tn=200:3hg7t8om]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22y6idXGM1r22qc9o3_250.gif[/tn:3hg7t8om][/center:3hg7t8om]

Devoted Veteran

Control Panel> Fonts.

Fanatic Enthusiast

@^ Thanks.

I'll edit this with my results. C:

E:

Not the best... :/

E: i like the version in my sig better.

E2: one i made for my friend..he didn't like the overlapping text though...

[center:3hg7t8om]|| Short Stories || Thread ||

[tn=200:3hg7t8om]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22y6idXGM1r22qc9o3_250.gif[/tn:3hg7t8om][/center:3hg7t8om]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast