Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Modeling/Modeling Photography

So recently my wife and I went down to the beach and had ourselves a photoshoot. I'd appreciate it if you guys were brutally honest, because I want to make a career out of people-based advertisement photography (like taking pictures of pretty people for lots of money :3. I dunno if there's an official name for it really.) I'm just posting everything from that shoot which includes stuff of me, so :P Oh and, honest to god, I have a good camera, photobucket just rapes the quality. Lawdy I need Photoshop...

E: Fuck I raped the layout :C

princess

perfect T

happenstance

close to the edge

medusa

something fallable

drag it out

wonderment

freebird

destined to drown
    [center:3nsymvr2]
    Writing|Animations|Tumblr[/center:3nsymvr2]

Re: Modeling/Modeling Photography

IMO, they weren't very good (at least not as good as some of your other stuff). If photobucket rapes the quality, use yourimg.in or imageshack.us . I would also suggest getting photoshop to mess around with the lighting and depth.
    Some of the poses were rather bland and boring like these~

But there were some good ones, especially this one~

Obviously, if you have PS, you can achieve a much better end product, but shouldn't only rely on it to help you. Another thing i noticed, was the sand. Maybe you could have smoothed it out so there wouldn't be any obvious marks in it.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Thanks Sniper. And I agree with the sand thing, but we were just waiting for the ocean to come smooth it out for us xD Thanks again :3

Devoted Veteran

Your friend looks totally hot, I'd hit it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    Your friend looks totally hot, I'd hit it hard.
    That's my wife, sir.

well, winter nice i guess. just need to get more of a happier i guess background, at least with some sun in it.(even though it's winter)

btw if you're going to post pics of a women, what do you expect from 16-18 year old's going through that growth.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Acer
    well, winter nice i guess. just need to get more of a happier i guess background, at least with some sun in it.(even though it's winter)

btw if you're going to post pics of a women, what do you expect from 16-18 year old's going through that growth.
    Yeah, why can't we all be like you, posting such helpful comments like that! It's nice, you guess. It needs a happier background, you guess. Maybe with some sun in it! You could do that for a living.

it's just a girl messing around on a beach

If you're doing portrait photography you normally want to capture some kind of emotion or moment in the photo. Some photographers think that certain people's faces 'tell stories', considering you can't even see her face in these photos you're not going to be able to achieve that. I'm not saying you always have to be able to see the model's face in a photo but most of the time I'd say you do. Maybe try taking some closer up shots in more interesting locations. Also try to capture what makes your wife the person she is, if you can get that in a photograph then it should look really good, it could be a certain expression, a facial feature or even her just doing something. She doesn't necessarily have to be posing or dancing around, some of the best portrait photographs are taken of people being natural.
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]