Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Fanatic Enthusiast James's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    42.
    Posts
    3,119

    Cartoon-type things

    Been getting into drawing more recently, here's something of what I have done

    King prawn, geddit?

    More soon...

  2. #2
    Japanologist Wilio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Well that`s not very good to be honest.

  3. #3
    Fanatic Enthusiast James's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    42.
    Posts
    3,119

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Yeah I wasn't too happy with it to be honest after looking at it, not to sound like I'm trying to make excuses or anything, but I did it past midnight with the mousepad and I sort of did a half arsed job but I was so tired I just thought "Fuck it", lol

  4. #4
    Fanatic Enthusiast Shannon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ????
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Well that`s not very good to be honest.
    Don't be so hateful. Also, I like it, the simplicity of it is really cool, would love to see more drawings also.

  5. #5
    Slow at responding Caleb's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,963

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    The idea was nice, but I don't like the lack of shading and placement of coloured spots...
    I c wut u did thar though

    Uh, hi. I do stuff.

  6. #6
    Japanologist Wilio's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Somewhere in time
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Well that`s not very good to be honest.
    Don't be so hateful. Also, I like it, the simplicity of it is really cool, would love to see more drawings also.
    Don't be so hateful, are you kidding me? I believe my comment was appropriate and certainly not crude nor insulting.

  7. #7
    Fanatic Enthusiast Shannon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ????
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Well that`s not very good to be honest.
    Don't be so hateful. Also, I like it, the simplicity of it is really cool, would love to see more drawings also.
    Don't be so hateful, are you kidding me? I believe my comment was appropriate and certainly not crude nor insulting.
    How is being rude appropriate? How hard would it be to say "Hey I see you tried hard, but I'm not to fond of it. You have potential though."? It's not hard to say something polite in there too.

  8. #8
    Devoted Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,811

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Saying something isn't very good isn't hateful, what the hell? It's not a fantastic drawing, so why not just point that out? The 'you have potential' tagline isn't appropriate, because we don't know how James' drawing is, this could be the best he can do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, people can always improve, but sugar-coating something to the point where you're just not making sense is ridiculous. Lay off him, he was just giving his opinion.

  9. #9
    Fanatic Enthusiast Shannon's Avatar


    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ????
    Posts
    4,578

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    Saying something isn't very good isn't hateful, what the hell? It's not a fantastic drawing, so why not just point that out? The 'you have potential' tagline isn't appropriate, because we don't know how James' drawing is, this could be the best he can do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, people can always improve, but sugar-coating something to the point where you're just not making sense is ridiculous. Lay off him, he was just giving his opinion.
    It's not as I'm commanding him to do it, it was a suggestion. It's not as if I'm going to get him banned because he wasn't being nice. It's as if say you shot a basketball and missed, and instead of someone saying "nice try", they said "oh my god you suck so bad, go die", sure that's more of an extreme but it's the same principle, which is to have common courtesy. But I'm not going to sit here and fight with you and feed your need to argue.

  10. #10
    Veteran Enthusiast Yadda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,862

    Re: Cartoon-type things

    Shannon: James is a big boy and he can take criticism very well. He wouldn't be a staff member if he wasn't.

    At James, it's not very good mate, I don't like the eyes, and I'm not into the thick outlines either but keep trying.



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •