Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Cartoon-type things

Been getting into drawing more recently, here's something of what I have done

King prawn, geddit?

More soon...

Re: Cartoon-type things

Well that`s not very good to be honest.

Yeah I wasn't too happy with it to be honest after looking at it, not to sound like I'm trying to make excuses or anything, but I did it past midnight with the mousepad and I sort of did a half arsed job but I was so tired I just thought "Fuck it", lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio
    Don't be so hateful. Also, I like it, the simplicity of it is really cool, would love to see more drawings also.

The idea was nice, but I don't like the lack of shading and placement of coloured spots...
    I c wut u did thar though

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Don't be so hateful. Also, I like it, the simplicity of it is really cool, would love to see more drawings also.
    Don't be so hateful, are you kidding me? I believe my comment was appropriate and certainly not crude nor insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon
    Don't be so hateful, are you kidding me? I believe my comment was appropriate and certainly not crude nor insulting.
    How is being rude appropriate? How hard would it be to say "Hey I see you tried hard, but I'm not to fond of it. You have potential though."? It's not hard to say something polite in there too.

Devoted Veteran

Saying something isn't very good isn't hateful, what the hell? It's not a fantastic drawing, so why not just point that out? The 'you have potential' tagline isn't appropriate, because we don't know how James' drawing is, this could be the best he can do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, people can always improve, but sugar-coating something to the point where you're just not making sense is ridiculous. Lay off him, he was just giving his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smore
    Saying something isn't very good isn't hateful, what the hell? It's not a fantastic drawing, so why not just point that out? The 'you have potential' tagline isn't appropriate, because we don't know how James' drawing is, this could be the best he can do. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, people can always improve, but sugar-coating something to the point where you're just not making sense is ridiculous. Lay off him, he was just giving his opinion.
    It's not as I'm commanding him to do it, it was a suggestion. It's not as if I'm going to get him banned because he wasn't being nice. It's as if say you shot a basketball and missed, and instead of someone saying "nice try", they said "oh my god you suck so bad, go die", sure that's more of an extreme but it's the same principle, which is to have common courtesy. But I'm not going to sit here and fight with you and feed your need to argue.

Shannon: James is a big boy and he can take criticism very well. He wouldn't be a staff member if he wasn't.

At James, it's not very good mate, I don't like the eyes, and I'm not into the thick outlines either but keep trying.