Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Bang.

Bang.

[tn=775:3psjdqcg]http://i.imgur.com/Ljapd.jpg[/tn:3psjdqcg]

Click to make it bigger. Gun, guy and background done in illustrator, muzzle flash, colouring and lighting done in photoshop.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Re: Bang.

Totally unrealistic. I mean he's not even holding a gun, he's just pointing his finger.

Seriously though I think the speech bubble kind of holds it back. That and I'm not too sure about the colors of his jacket and the ugly highlights on his jaw and arm. Also if there's no light source there wouldn't be highlights on his body and the gun in the night section.

P2k

Stickid is right saying that the highlights shouldn't appear so strongly in the night time panel, but I think they suit the style in the other one.

I like the speech bubble too. The whole thing has a really nice comic book feel to it, I could totally see it being a legit graphic novel with that level of quality for every panel.

The only thing that looks off to me is the hand. Not only is the pose a little awkward - but he's actually missing part of a finger, I can see where you made that mistake.
    -

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I could improve on. But I still feel it's a significant improvement for me, so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I could improve on. But I still feel it's a significant improvement for me, so I'm happy.
    i always have the same feeling, i think i improve or at least learn something when i draw new poses,new ways of shading (at least new to me)
    but if it gets good,no one sees the personal improvement, everyone sees the picture and tell you what could be better

..theres one thing drawers always think..
    when you draw something and try something new, and it gets good,you think:" i improved on ...(hands/outlines/shapes)..!"
    when others see it, they dont see it.. they say: "this or that needs improvement. " (to me it means,the rest is good..)

they dont see your own improvement on whatever you tried new. they critisize what they see- which is good,you can use it to get better...i think, when no one complains about the new things you tried, you make it right

there was a lot of complaining about my style with the rough outlines on droidz- no one complained on darkdemon- i tried sharp outlines then... on droidz no one cared, and here no one really cared..
    so i just take the critism and try to find my style,and so you should do too,try around, search for what you like to draw..

you cant satisfy everyone.
    but you can take the critism you get,every single one..pick out what you think its good for yourself,and create something better of it,if you wish

btw i love the colors and the pose,and the head is such detailed... DD
    and i think that strip is good enough for entertainment,if not better..
    i like the colors too,even though you could have improved in the second one-theres a "cut" from blue to red/orange shade on the face

Wow, best feedback I've ever gotten from anyone. I read it again while listening to the eye of the tiger. Thank you!