Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Him
    Him is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    202

    Him's Photography Thread

    I'm an amateur photographer hopefully going to university to study the medium in September, few of my best pieces:

    Digital:










    35mm Film:
















    Hundreds more of my photographs can be found on my Flickr, my 500px or my Website. Thoughts?
    Stupid like a box.
    Courtesy.

  2. #2
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Enthusiast Neo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,377

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    I really loved the third and fourth man, great job!

    |Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

    Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    5,558

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    Wow. I came in here thinking I would get to see the common, unmistakeable low-quality photos, but man, they're fantastic! After taking a deep look through this thread and your website, I have to say I'm literally speechless. I found this really impressive.
    Your "Light in the Dark" works are rad as well; how in the world did you manage to do that? Are they in the actual photo, or are they digitally edited? I can't seem to figure it out on my own, it's messing around with my eyesight.
    Still, looking forward to what you will post from now on!

  4. #4
    Him
    Him is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    202

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    Thanks both of you! Means a lot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radium
    Your "Light in the Dark" works are rad as well; how in the world did you manage to do that? Are they in the actual photo, or are they digitally edited? I can't seem to figure it out on my own, it's messing around with my eyesight.
    Still, looking forward to what you will post from now on!
    It's a technique called light painting (aka: light drawing, light calligraphy, freeze light and more) where a long shutter speed in a dark environment is coupled with torches to draw shapes with light!
    Stupid like a box.
    Courtesy.

  5. #5
    Fanatic Enthusiast Axon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,614

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    you're really good and seem to know your stuff, given the standard of your photos you definitely look like you deserve a place in uni, good luck


  6. #6
    Him
    Him is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    202

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Axon
    you're really good and seem to know your stuff, given the standard of your photos you definitely look like you deserve a place in uni, good luck
    Cheers man! I hope I get in, it's just passing my stupidly thought out A Level courses that's in my way!
    Stupid like a box.
    Courtesy.

  7. #7
    Dedicated Member TheRavenHouse's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Awaiting ban
    Posts
    971

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    This is incredibly good photography, and I don't even like photography. You've got skills, friend.

    ___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

  8. #8
    Him
    Him is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Prison
    Posts
    202

    Re: Him's Photography Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse
    This is incredibly good photography, and I don't even like photography. You've got skills, friend.
    Thankyou!!
    Stupid like a box.
    Courtesy.


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •