Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Leap Year

Dedicated Member

Leap Year

This may sound weird, but just think. Let's say you were born Febuary 29th on a leap year. Would that mean you would have to wait four years for you to turn one year old? Think about it for a while.

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

Re: Leap Year

Quote Originally Posted by pivot pope
    This may sound weird, but just think. Let's say you were born Febuary 29th on a leap year. Would that mean you would have to wait four years for you to turn one year old? Think about it for a while.
    ^^ actually no, they celebrate it either on the first, or on the 28th of february... trust, my grandma has this situation... so no, actually a "birthday" comes once every 365 days, so even if the specific DATE isn't there the full YEAR will be... did that explain it?
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yeah, I know someone who has it on the 29th but they celebrate it on both the 28th of February and the 1st of March. But they only get one party, on the 28th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

My grandma has the same thing. Man it would be awesome if you had lived 80 years and you are 20 =P
    No drinking for a while eh =D

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    My grandma has the same thing. Man it would be awesome if you had lived 80 years and you are 20 =P
    Yeah, but you'd have to live for 60 years before you can drive. )
    And you'd be a kid for 51 years, before you become a teenager. *:+
    THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU. THE POWER OF COHERENT THOUGHT COMPELS YOU.

Old Newbie

Re: Leap Year

[quote=Flaming Wolf]
    Quote Originally Posted by "pivot pope":30xi9efw
    ^^ actually no, they celebrate it either on the first, or on the 28th of february... trust, my grandma has this situation... so no, actually a "birthday" comes once every 365 days, so even if the specific DATE isn't there the full YEAR will be... did that explain it?[/quote:30xi9efw]

If they celebrate every 365 days.......then their birthday woudln't always be on the 1st or 28th.....it would change every year... ))(*
    courtesy?- MY THREAD!!!

[img]

Fanatic Enthusiast

That was a bump. But to keep this from being only mini-modding.

It can't be the celebration every 265 days or else, every leap year we'd celebrate our birthday one day earlier. Say you were born on July 7th, 2003. 365 days later it would be, July 6th, because 2004 is a leap year. so it has 366 days.

my friend has a b-day on the 29th of feb and right now their only 3 1/2...would be around 16 if he wasnt born on feb 29...but yea it's wierd is all i can say because me and a bunch of my friends are all like he'll be the youngest college grad and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by themainpartyman
    my friend has a b-day on the 29th of feb and right now their only 3 1/2...would be around 16 if he wasnt born on feb 29...but yea it's wierd is all i can say because me and a bunch of my friends are all like he'll be the youngest college grad and stuff

PLEASE sir wojak already said this is a bump, dont ignore his post, in case you dont know that means dont post here anymore, and wait till someone lock it.

Matt-K