Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Rant

Enthusiast

A Rant

A phone is a phone a camera is a camera, why mix? I would understand palm/phone because it could have ugg* mp3 tones and external storage with phone book, but why camera? They should get one thing and one thing good instead of cranking out 10 001 different kinds of gay camera phones with flawed features that will never be patched! I want one phone that can do one thing and one thing only; CALL PEOPLE, AND CALL PEOPLE WELL! I don't want to msg, I don't want gay N-Gage games, I dont want a mini dv camera with the resolution of an abstract painting... just a phone for Pete's sake! They are lucky that they can get away with all this stuff. The FCC and especially that darn CRTC and the French ruin everything thats not in their language. Everyone loves sattelite radio. It has channels with podcasts and it is a great form of radio... it is a good alternatave to having a freaking $1000 audio systm with a 5 gb hdd in your car, who could argue with that? Answer: the French! They are there whining about how there is no french language sattelite. I have a hint for all you french-telephones out there. Instead of whining and peeing on all our stuff, I have a crazy far out suggestion nobody else ever thought of! Make your own! It's not that hard to make a simple podcast... I mean if it's good and all those french-telephones listen to it im sure XM or Serious will pick it up. Does it really affect them if we have good radio? Wow, we have it and they don't, so we can't? It's not preschool! What will they ban next? Hopefully MSN! Look at Microsoft. They are the biggest tech company ever but oh no! Their MSN search is crap... and what will they do? Not make it better... just change the UI, add ads and call it new. Then they come out with a google-esque toolbar and a google ig-esque myMSN and lots more copies. Take MSN Spaces. If you are going to combine photo sharing, blogging, and stringing together hundreds of copyrighted animated gifs do it good, like Blogger (owned by Google) and Flickr (owned by Yahoo) Yes, Google did copy Yahoo but the thing is they did a good job! And MSN is the only reason why morons use this crap! They don't look for alternatives, they say, "Oh, Billy has it so it MUST be good!" Why dosent MSN copy two things from Google: SIMPLICITY and QUALITY! Everythng is cluttered. Make it simple; make it good; not big, ugly and crashy. For some reason I could picture Hack a Day, Slashdot, Digg, kevinrose.com, and Revision3 all on Blogger but i can't imagine how horrible and unnavigationable they would be on MSN Spaces. And, if you dont like this rant, Gmail me! At least Gmail can fit more than 2 emails and has a good spam filter (unlike SOMEBODY)!

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Re: A Rant

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkw
    A phone is a phone a camera is a camera, why mix?
    Simple answer to a VERY legnthy question: because they can

MG
    Enthusiast
    umm...o...k...i think the big thing w/camera phones is that you only need one...i really don't care either way as long as i get a phone...

truthfully, I don't see what the big deal is. Camera phones are mad wack. You can be talking to your mom while you're on vavation, then some guy starts balancing an elephant on his nose while juggling flaming chainsaws, you tell your mom, but she says you're full of crap. You snap off a quick shot of it, and bam! your mom believes you for the rest of your life.

MG
    Enthusiast
    hahaha...nice example...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Mark
    truthfully, I don't see what the big deal is. Camera phones are mad wack. You can be talking to your mom while you're on vavation, then some guy starts balancing an elephant on his nose while juggling flaming chainsaws, you tell your mom, but she says you're full of crap. You snap off a quick shot of it, and bam! your mom believes you for the rest of your life.
    tha tpost made my month and possibly year

™ - 'A lump of toast?' womg harsh!

EDIT'D

Enthusiast

If I was on vacation I would bring my digital camera. But, I might not have it with me, so I see your point. I just don't like that if you wanted them on your PC, you'd have to e-mail them there, which is costly on a cellular phone.

Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like is that you cant connect your phone to a PC. They should have a USB uplink connection so you can up/download pictures, and get ringtones and stuff without paying $9.95 a month.

SA
    Enthusiast

There is Bluetooth, but that's not on all phones. But what i do is go to a decent ringtone/video site, that doesn't look as if it is a big one, and just select the ringtone previews they have (usually the full thing) and right click, save. Send to my phone through bluetooth and voila, free ringtones/videos : D

Enthusiast

I do that with my palm. Zire 72 has Bluetooth. Yay. My phone doesn't. : (

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast