Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: space

Dedicated Member

space

I always thought it was strange that we are looking into the past when we look at the stars. NOW doesn't that mean if SOMEHOW we managed to get millions of lightyears away and peer through a telescope toward earth we would see the past taking place. IF we got their faster than light that is. which has been in my opinion UNSATISFACTORILY proven impossible. SO. If aliens were to spy on us they would see earth's past. NOT present. NOW if you can peer into the past, could you peer into the future?

Dedicated Member
    hey i heard that before...my cousin was talking about it and said they tlked about it in ENGLISH class.ionno y they owuld do that but ya. do u live in canada? do u go to highschool? do u go to st.mikes? do u know rey?

Enthusiast

that aint necessarily true.

when people say we are looking into the past, we dont actully see the past.

the whole theory is-
    because the stars are soooo far away, it takes the light from the stars lightyears to get to earth so we can see it.

so basically, what we call as "stars" is actually light from a star which may not exist any more.

so we don't actually look into the past, all we see is light from stars which dont actually exist any more...

i don't think i explained that well, so heres a metaphor...

think of 2 airports, one for the star and the other for earth. airport A (the star) send a plane(the light) to airport B (earth). before the plane could get to airport B, airport A suffers from an terrorist attack and gets destroyed.

-penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monkow
    hey i heard that before...my cousin was talking about it and said they tlked about it in ENGLISH class.ionno y they owuld do that but ya. do u live in canada? do u go to highschool? do u go to st.mikes? do u know rey?
    US, middle school, moutian ridge middle school, and no.

yes but that all we have to see right? the light. we don't need the actual events to be happening before us we just need to see them. WHAT NOW?

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yea, if someone was spying on us from their planet they would see stuff we did already.

Sight is quintessentially light rebounding off of shit. So by the time the light of us doing shit gets back to them, we will have already done it like 1000 years ago
    Elite Forgotten

WHat??? Even if aleins were to spy on us they would see the present. And by the time they get back to ther planet they would see the past,but uhhh.... i'm confused -crazy- .I'm gonna take a nap wa_)( ...

Enthusiast

what we really need is an intergalactic hall of mirrors... now that would be tripped
    anything good in life is either illegal, immoral, or fattening. << link to my newest animation

Fads suck, and you suck for joining one
    By including this in your signature you relinquish all respect by me and any relative incarnations I might be in at the time. Noob

Old Newbie
    lol

theres this weird fact or fiction article in YAHOO news that say scientists have found a giant-planet eating cosmic cloud, and they say that it will hit, and obliterate, the earth in the year 2014, 9 years from now

i doublt its true, but

idk

MG
    Enthusiast
    you don't see the past because the light is still the same light, it was just reflected a loooooooooong time ago...

Dedicated Member
    EXACLTY

LETS SUM THIS UP SHALL WE

if aliens, from HOO KNOWS WHERE, is 'spying' on us (the human on earth) the light thats is on earth would take so much time to get to the 'Aliens' eye's that the light from us will be changeing so much. By the time the light gets to him/her/it, (the alien), that it would show what we r goin to do. Or to us what we already did.

SO TECNACLY

if i was sitting in a chair for lets say 20 years. (LOL). And 'aliens' decided to spy on me, (for some odd purpose), they would see what i WOULD be doing.

EXAMPLE

i walk around a perimeter of a room multiple times...the age of 10 to the age of 30...(LAP 1 begins)

at the same time an alien looks in a telescope and it zooms into me....meaning by the time the alien sees me i would probably be at the age 30.

EXPLINATION

that means it would probably take the telescope to zoom for 10 years and would take the light 10 years to bounce back... so 10+10=20years all in all.

-------------------------------------

well thats wat i think... and i think it sounds about right so....i hope u like my explination

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast