Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Time: A manipulative medium?

This is a basic continuation of what's happening in the super power thread.

Do you think time is a manipulative medium in that it is possible to go 'back' and 'forward' through it? I don't believe it is; I think 'time' exists simply as a word we use for the process of existance and eneivtable death.

Feel free to copy your posts from the super power thread if they are relevant.
    Elite Forgotten

Well as i said before:

Tell you the truth, IF we could go back in time i think time would be more of a raging confusing huge ass river, and we'd jsut be pebbles so if we stepped in and tried to change anything we'd just be a tiny little pebble being tossed into that wetness that'll push us onward until we get stuck on the bottom, err meaning us going back in time would be pointless because no matter how hard we tried to stop something from happening it will, inevitably, happen. Something like that?

(But if i could go back in time I'd go back and see the whole Jesus thing, sit outside his tomb and wait for him to leave it...thus proving the existance of God until then I'll stick with that science thingy i can't remember, it's about evolution n stuff yea..)

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

ok, to respond to you, bert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert
    Liquid if you believe in fate, and you suddenly decide to not walk your dog at 3:00 pm, then fate would reconcile that you wouldn't walk your dog at 3:00 pm. There is no cheating fate, because no matter what you do and how many times you change your mind, fate always knows what you will do.
    I dont belive in fate.
    And I agree 100% with what you wrote.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Fanatic Enthusiast

That's because I rock. [/vain]

Hehe. Anyway. I love your sig steels :P
    Elite Forgotten

lol thnx, I do too =). Well I got one morep ost n then I'm off to the beach..i think if there isn't too many people there lol

Fanatic Enthusiast

I think time is too unstable to be tinkered with. If you touched one thing then the whole universe could be thrown off balance or some shit like that.
    Elite Forgotten

Dedicated Member
    yeah like say you go back in time and touch someone and they stop for that fraction of a second then maybe their whole life is that one fraction second slower...

mmmm

ye me and bert, and setsuko (on ere) have been talking about this stuff at school quite interesting really, got my thinking in physics, or maybe it was just setsuko..

lol, I'm sticking with my 'theory' if you will. But if i were to look at it from both sides, it'd have to be either way, one you can't change anything two youll fuck everything up.

Dedicated Member
    yeah ive been thinking that in school and ive been doing calculations like the speed of light and if you go to the speen of light then how long will it take to go a certain time (in theory) now im obsessed with it and for the first time in ages im reading 0_o

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast