Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Universe

Fanatic Enthusiast

The Universe

Different from the space thread; what are your theories about the edges of the universe? Does it go on forever or does it end into something else?
    Elite Forgotten

It hards to think where does it end, but I suppose it does somewhere, I cannot come to a concluesion..

Dedicated Member
    I'm confused about this whole thing einstein said that it just goes on and on like if you go in one direction and stay straight then eventually you will come back to where you were but some people say that the universe is expanding but then it is then it cant continue ....so WTF????

mmm, its confuses me but must everything have an end, mmmm, we will find out one day and we will be like wtf" - well thats if the forum is still going lol.. if its after my death then who knows.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ALSK
    I'm confused about this whole thing einstein said that it just goes on and on like if you go in one direction and stay straight then eventually you will come back to where you were but some people say that the universe is expanding but then it is then it cant continue ....so WTF????
    So your familiar with the pac-man theory. I myself dont belive in that, I more of a 'fuck it, the universe is too big to even think of whats outside of it' kinda guy. But If I were to guess, meh, I would have to put some kinda thought into it. I meen, there has to be some sort of explaination to it. Maybe this is one of many, of the same kind. But then again, maybe once you get past all the stars and solar systems its just pitch black, for ever and ever. That would be my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    mmm, its confuses me but must everything have an end, mmmm, we will find out one day and we will be like wtf" - well thats if the forum is still going lol.. if its after my death then who knows.
    All these things tie into a bunch of topics.
    A better queston is where did the universe come from? That ofcourse brings up religion and theories about life after death and what not.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDemon
    mm, its confuses me but must everything have an end, mmmm, we will find out one day and we will be like wtf" - well thats if the forum is still going lol.. if its after my death then who knows.
    That would be really weird, to just be going along at hyper fast speeds, them just crash into an invisible wall that symbolizes the end of the universe, like Halo 1, there's all kinds of invisable walls there.

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    That would be really weird, to just be going along at hyper fast speeds, them just crash into an invisible wall that symbolizes the end of the universe, like Halo 1, there's all kinds of invisable walls there.
    i dobt there is a 'wall'
    I'll stick by what I said. I think it goes on for infinite.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Yes, well I never said that I actually thought there's a "wall" there, I was just saying...

I'll have to agree with you though, I think that the universe just goes on forever, but I don't think it just ends up all black, I think there are probably planets and stars just like this area (with the possible exception of life) going on forever.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Well we already have a 'where did the universe come from' thread.

And what do you define as 'the universe'? The sarts and planets and nebulae, or the stuff that the stars, planets and nebulae exist in?

I think the universe is the stars and planets and nebulae, and what it exists in is the multi verse.
    Elite Forgotten

The area between the plane and the ground
    And the Multiverse exsists in...? :-s The thing-beyond-the-multiverse-verse?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast