Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Atoms, Cells, Organs, Ohh My!!

well i find it amazingly uncomprehendable how atoms become cells that become organs like the brain and we are able to think and crap but wtf? atoms dont have brains or do they? but i know that there is some kind of chemical reaction w/e...

atoms do have "a brain" the nucleus

Dedicated Member
    i know but do they think i think not well what i was sayin is how tf they make us think and crap.

Enthusiast

how do you know they don't think? were YOU a cell? (well u were but you probobly won't remember)
    'they' don't make us think, its the brain that make us think. the brain is made of cells (how those cell differ from each other i don't know *not a scientist*)
    and crap? well i guess its cause our body is finished absorbing nutrients from the food, and that waste will need to come out somehow...

-penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Quote Originally Posted by penguinboi
    how do you know they don't think? were YOU a cell? (well u were but you probobly won't remember)
    'they' don't make us think, its the brain that make us think. the brain is made of cells (how those cell differ from each other i don't know *not a scientist*)
    and crap? well i guess its cause our body is finished absorbing nutrients from the food, and that waste will need to come out somehow...

-penguin boi
    Meh, right. There are millions of nucleus's, which inturn are brains that have a purpose because we are made from millions of atoms which build is up.

hmm...I'm gonna spend a long time on this post :S

first of all, everything is still electrons, protons, neutrons, and etc.

the nucleus OF the atom is consisting of electrons and protons, which are SPHERES, according to scientists.

so...we live on circles, is that it?

I don't think so...

um...lets try to go backwards.

A single-celled organisim has plenty of atoms inside it, so it might have been a complex combination of different elements when the sun was still being attracted to itself. Possibly, the first organisms that were formed were just very complexly-shaped atoms that were bunched up all of a sudden. Maybe...then evolved because apparently the combination allowed the cell to move around on its own accord, and started having many chemical reactions. I mean, so much happens on Earth during the creation of the Milky Way, so we can't say that this doesn't happen anywhere else. Maybe it was just BY CHANCE that this happened to THIS specific planet, and all these chemical reactions just resulted BY CHANCE, so that we evolved to have instincts to survive, and even more complex things happen.

I feel lucky now.

MG
    Enthusiast
    lf2 is right...but i still find it semi-incomprehensible to imagine...

Fanatic Enthusiast

It is had to comprehend. You are you, not billions of atoms, all alive, and all working together to make you you exist. Same as in biology; you learn about bowman's capsules and digestion and stuff, but somehow it doesn't feel like it applies to you.

I sumbit this to you.

All the people in Britain are alive and each think independantly. But in 1939, it was Britain who went to war as a whole. All the people in britain (ie the cells in you) working as a whole to keep the country alive.
    Elite Forgotten

hmm...

Actually, I think an alien from billions/zillions of years ago put a single cell here to see what would happen. WE are what happened.

New emoticons! ))(*

Fanatic Enthusiast

Very good point, and yes, new emoticons. )
    Elite Forgotten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast