Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Life on atoms????

Okay i have developed this well thought out (not really) theory for a couple months. Okay, now picture an atom into your head. Now picture our galaxy. Similarities there huh? I was thinking maybe if we could see into atoms more, we would see that there would be life in them. I personaly think it would have no chance at all of being real, but it is just that the similarities between atoms and galaxys are strange.

300 POSTS YAY!
    [quote:ac0f3bd038="SA"]You should be banned because you never act like your name. Not once have you brightened up my day on the forums <: (
    And you're not a mister : O[/quote:ac0f3bd038]
    =(

Dedicated Member
    well im guessing atoms r just atom...but like instead of a galaxy its just like a small littel thing like 5-10 life in each..but not a whole galaxy

MG
    Enthusiast
    well, since atoms are almost the smallest units on earth, i doubt that anything could be living on a single atom

Enthusiast

maybe atoms arent the smallest.. maybe we have yet to find the smallest...

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Dedicated Member
    woahhhh thats a good point...hmmmmmmmmm (shoked_)

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkw
    maybe atoms arent the smallest.. maybe we have yet to find the smallest...
    Even if that's true, at the atom level you're down to single subatomic charges. Pretty soon, you're working with quarks, which are unstable singularly. The life form would have to have a system that dynamically uses quarks, combining them into atoms (probably more like, subatomic particles-neutrons, protons, electrons, neutrinos, beta particles, maybe photons if they actually exist as particles, etc.) to produce electrical fields, which are pretty much the governing forces at that level. It would use them to.... dunno, harvest electrons from atoms and use that to power its subatomic reactions? That's pretty far-fectched, and even if that IS true, the life-forms would be far bigger than atoms, probably about the size of a large fat-acid (like a molecule of saturated fat or something). Plus, they probably would only be reactions without minds, how exactly would you store information at that level....

[/rant] feel free to tack on random stuff/ideas to this. I'm not saying it's impossible, just telling you the limitations if they were real.

SA
    Enthusiast

Someone likes Science, or surfing the internet : P

But seeing as atoms make up everything we know, i cant see life being in an atom, but haing said that, we dont know half of where we live, how it was made and sucj=h, so its not impossible.

who here knows the boundaries of impossible? none? exactly.

its a good theory, i mean how do we know that its fake? it could be real and we ourselves could be living in an atom!

Enthusiast

yeah, i fought about that theory before, but the thing that struck me was that atoms do not expand....

or i dont think they do anyways, im not a scientist...

though the the basic setup of an atom looks a lot like our solar system, with the netron and protons as our sun, and the electrons as other planets...

-sorry if i've got some of the facts wrong, havnt done science since GCSE :])
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinboi
    yeah, i fought about that theory before, but the thing that struck me was that atoms do not expand....

or i dont think they do anyways, im not a scientist...

though the the basic setup of an atom looks a lot like our solar system, with the netron and protons as our sun, and the electrons as other planets...

-sorry if i've got some of the facts wrong, havnt done science since GCSE :])
    The planets that you are talking about, thats what i was basing this theory on. And maybe this galaxy is an atom, and whatever is ....well.....whatever the other lifeform is, thinks that OUR GALAXY cannot get any smaller, and great point jeff.
    [quote:ac0f3bd038="SA"]You should be banned because you never act like your name. Not once have you brightened up my day on the forums <: (
    And you're not a mister : O[/quote:ac0f3bd038]
    =(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast