Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Future

Enthusiast

In the Future

So I had an interesting thought about how things would be in the future. If you have any ideas about futuristic developments, please share them. But keep it interesting and back it up with reasons why it could work.

My thought was about music in the future. I think it will be based less on entertainment, and more on mood. You know how some songs create a certain mood? I believe that in the future, when more research is done, that someone will be able to listen to the "Greatful" or "Energized" station. The songs would be designed to make you feel a mood very strongly (where research comes in). This way, if one is feeling angry, he could flip to the "Happy" station and it may lighten his anger.

Please comment on my idea as well as share your own.

EDIT: Wasn't sure where to put this...

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

wow interesting this seems to fit more in the philosophy section that is a very good thought there fyreal

SD sez: yeah moved, no problems though.

Written By:Master Stick
    ------------------------
    ------------------------
    -------My Thread--------
    ------------------------
    -------My Art-----------
    ------------------------
    ------------------------

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

I see your point, but I have a slight downside. Music would become quite flat and boring. It would restrict artists to only show one emotion or mood throughout a whole song. They couldn't show more than one because it wouldn't really be classified as a single mood now would it? Case and point. I was just listening to "Over the Hills and Far far away" by led zeppelin. The song starts out cheery and acoustic, but progresses into a more classic rock genre displaying different emotion. Would that mean there would be no more songs like this? I personally wouldn't enjoy that.

I see your point, but I'd have to see it in action before I was hooked on it...
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Dedicated Member
    nice idea with the music thing, my idea is that the world will be destroyed in the future, by evil cheese munching robots...but seriously, i think that it wil be just like futurama, with the tubes and stuff, thing is, if we have robots and jetcars then the world will get so polluted.......oh so my first geuss was half right....Skillish!

Thanks to Baha for the uber sig!
    Whaddya mean it's not butter!?

Dedicated Member
    The idea of what could happen in the future scares me. I experience vague paranoia when it comes to conversations that discuss what could happen. Here's one of my thoughts on the subject:

I think that buildings will have more sophisticated security with things like camera probes that will hover around and follow those who have been breaking in (or as I would like to call them, victims). One thing I'd like to see in security developments is automated turrets (with lasers). (-cool_) . Our church could seriously do with one damn chavs
    Even my hair gets in trouble..

'If you ever figure out what a woman wants to look at, I've got a sand blaster that'll clear your ugly problem up nicely.'

Haha, cool idea...

Personnaly...I dont think there is much of a future... Were all gonna die soon. The world is only 3 degrees Celceus from disaster...

World war III!? Maybe or maybe not, if your talking of the future in a thousand years then i don't know. But if you're talking about in 20-100 years. It would be kinda like we are i think. And yet technology will evolve and we could enter a new age: the plastic age.
    It's facinating hw technology evolve these days.

What's scares me the most is the scientist with theyre theories: Planet will destroy blabla, no more water(wich is a big problem in many countries) Many human does'nt care
    "Waaah no more water!!?!!? would happend while i'm dead" Maybe not ) Yet i know i'm
    saying crazy stuff.

Now for millitary, my friend told me somewhere in a country(i don't renember the name, and may offense some people) Theyre trying to make an inplosion bomb, this me it will absorb. It's scary but i don't believe him. Might be true... Yet i do still not believe him

The end.

Enthusiast

Great ideas everyone. I think we will advance very quickly and I'm sure a lot is possible within 20-100 years. Another thought I had:

I believe that we will have to evolve to advance much further. I don't mean that we'll be turning into coneheads or anything of course. Isn't it true that we our intelligence is limited? I think that we are constantly evolving in order to achieve higher intelligence levels, allowing us to advance further and further...

I hope I don't take it so easily if and when when we discover life on other planets. I'd like to be as amazed as I would be now.

EDIT: And Slashed, would you go into more detail with your theory?

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

I reckon if scientists crack cloning properly, it can solve this entire organ doner problem. Thy can create an unimportant generic being to take the organs from, and they can grow vast armies of soldiers to take out any taliban bastards left ))(*

Hybridflame, pwning since the 26 Jun, 2004 ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by shredderx
    I love you hybrid <3
    ANGRY CHIMP RAWR!1

Quote Originally Posted by HybridFlame
    I reckon if scientists crack cloning properly, it can solve this entire organ doner problem. Thy can create an unimportant generic being to take the organs from, and they can grow vast armies of soldiers to take out any taliban bastards left ))(*

So you say we clone people just to get theyre organs? I think it would be cruel, because the guy girl need to give his/her organs himself by signing some medical paper. Well that's how it works right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast