Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: The End?

The End?

I've decided to make this thread as a open debate / friendly rant.

If and when, how do think the world would come to an end, what i'm saying is by what means. Remember now friendly.

A nuclear war. Im sorry but its unnavoidable.
    <--- Click 4 Courtesy

SX rools =P

MG
    Enthusiast
    ^^i don't know about a nuclear war ending the world =/, but i think it's more likely that some natural disaster will do the job...

Dedicated Member
    I think some countr will try and take over, and start a nuclear WWIII.

Yes Human is the stupidest race on earth, trust me, everything can declare a nuclear war. Or maybe if we wait for billions of year, the sun will crash on earth. Cause you know, the sun is moving slowly to earth.

Dedicated Member
    id say either...aliens or evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by wilio
    Cause you know, the sun is moving slowly to earth.
    lolz get your facts straight. The sun is expanding as its primary nuclear fuel is expended, and it's forced to use heavier elements, expanding constantly as it makes larger isotopes.

Anyway, there's probably no chance a natural disaster could destroy the world. I mean let's be serious, what is a hurricane going to do, even at massive size and power, after it's 400 miles inland? They die.

Let's list them!
    - Huricane(s), probably no, because our ports are no longer the main method of inter-country transportation.
    - Tornadoes, definitely no.
    - Global warming, it's a farce.
    - Earthquake, maybe, if it can set off a chain of quakes/volcanoes that throws us into a semi-nuclear winter and destroys major cities along the Pacific rim at the same time.
    - "Blblical deluge", yeah right, there's not even that much water on earth even if you melt both ice caps AND suck out all the ground water AND all of the water vapor in the air. Not possible.
    - Volcanos, see earthquake thing.
    - Ice age, it's possible in the event that the one under earthquakes occurs, or if global warming is actually real (we're overdue for an ice age, and they're all proceeded by heat periods).
    - Run out of fresh water/food, well, this is what we have those handy-dandy scientist types for, isn't it!
    - Tsunami, possibly, if it's in just the right position / multiple at once.

So then, my theory is el asteroid making direct impact on ocean. Tsunami + crust plates turn into jell-o jigglers. Basically would wipe out all life on earth. . . eh, just imagine waking up to see a 400-foot tall wave of land out your window coming at you at nearly the speed of sound, wouldn't that suck? If it's a small enough asteroid there might be a chance, until you get that whole wacky semi-nuclear winter mentioned earlier. Then we're screwed.

Other theory, near-miss by very large asteroid from outer reaches of solar system changes Earth's orbit. 2 things could happen. You figure 'em out.

Third one, national suicide (nuclear war) is always a distinct possibility, especially with Iran now. The hea't on, and if we don't get off the burner there could be major problems.

4th, nanotechnology out of control. Well-designed nanobots could theoretically turn the Earth into a giant ball of nanobots in roughly. . . 3 days I guess? And there isn't anything that could stop that.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Here's an interesting but not guranteed true source for theories on the end of the world - http://www.exitmundi.nl
    Unfortunately it's mostly indended for the thrill of "oh noe we r all goen 2 diez0r", but there's some credibility in there.

And some theory for the morons, wink wink

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashdood

So then, my theory is el asteroid making direct impact on ocean. Tsunami + crust plates turn into jell-o jigglers. Basically would wipe out all life on earth. . . eh, just imagine waking up to see a 400-foot tall wave of land out your window coming at you at nearly the speed of sound, wouldn't that suck? If it's a small enough asteroid there might be a chance, until you get that whole wacky semi-nuclear winter mentioned earlier. Then we're screwed.
    lol speed of sound? thats woiuldnt give u the time to see.. it and enjoy the vview...

i think an astroid will come and hit earth but that wont get rid of all life...probably leave a few single cell organisms...

the moon was made from the debry from an astroid hitting earth...and it didnt destroy the earth...but covered 1/3 of the planet...thats what i beleive at least.

SA
    Enthusiast

The only thing that could wipe out ALL life is hot or cold.

If we are knocked off our orbit, by an asteroid lets say, and we hurtle towards the sun, every living thing will fry. However we could get knocked off course in the opposite direction to the sun and we all freeze.

But the thing that will wipe out all humans, will most likely be Nuclear WAr, which i think is creeping ever closer.

I think any other way is not possible, as we are humans and we use our intelligence with our surroundings.
    Global Warming, i do belive in, but i also believe that whatever this throws at us we will overcome.
    Earthquakes or Volcanoes, is very unlikely, but with the San Andreas Fault overdue, that will likely to be the biggest Earthquake in the Earth's existence, and could trigger a chain reaction.
    However, there is another dilemna - Every 750 000 years or so, the Earth's magnetic field flips, that's the thing that protects us from the harmful stuff that the sun throws at us. We are way overdue for a flip, and when the field does actually flip, we will be exposed to lots of harmful rays and such, but i think this alone will not wipe out all life, there would have to be things combined with this...

But it's all possible........

lengthy SA but good response.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast