Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Do you support cloning

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 15.22%
  • Yes

14 15.22%
  • Yes

14 15.22%
  • Yes

14 15.22%
  • No

9 9.78%
  • No

9 9.78%
  • No

9 9.78%
  • No

9 9.78%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloning

Cloning

What are some peoples ideas on cloning? Do you support it or not? Do you think it is good or bad?

I personally think that cloning is good, but I dont support it.

*Warning, religous content*

I think that cloning could greatly benefit mankind. But it is in my opinion playing God. God is the creator of all life and by making life we are acting like God.

*Religous content over*

Also, think of the clones aspect. Lets take an average guy named Bob. Okay, Bob was walking to work one day and tripped and fell on a spear jutting out of the sidewalk. The spear went through his heart. He will die unless he gets a new heart. :]) Poor Bob :]) Anyway... So the solution is to take a clone named Joe, kill him, take out his heart and give it to Bob. :]) Poor Joe :]) So now Bob lives but Joe is dead. Where is the fairness in that. Bob should have seen the spear and made sure to be careful, why should Joe die for Bob's idocy.

Edit - If you are going to vote can you please also say if you support or not and why. Thanks.

Enthusiast

Ok My view is that Cloning is a good thing. heres why.

Take Margret shes 24 has two kids , Margret has recently been diagnosed with cancer and is expexted to last 3 months, Now She developed Cancer through Passive smoking so its not right she should die because of someone else. Now cloning, we take Bob, Bob has the cells needed which could cure or slow down, the cancer from killing Margret, So what do you do, Let the clone Bob give up his life, for the good of Margret and her two children or do you let Bob stay alive and live a life which he was never made to live and Margret dies, leaving her Children in care and grieving. ?

I say Bob should be let go, amean more of him can be made

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -Usf-

Take Margret shes 24 has two kids , Margret has recently been diagnosed with cancer and is expexted to last 3 months, Now She developed Cancer through Passive smoking so its not right she should die because of someone else. Now cloning, we take Bob, Bob has the cells needed which could cure or slow down, the cancer from killing Margret, So what do you do, Let the clone Bob give up his life, for the good of Margret and her two children or do you let Bob stay alive and live a life which he was never made to live and Margret dies, leaving her Children in care and grieving. ?

I really, really dissagree with that. There is no way cloning could be right under those surcumstances. Bob's a clone in that situation, right? Does that mean that you can just kill him and it won't matter? Cloning does not copy the person, it just copys the dna. If you were to "make more of him" they would not be him, they would just look like bob. Everything else would be different. So bobs "the clone" life cannot be proven any more or less inportant, and it would be murder to kill him.

SA
    Enthusiast

Cloning would be drastically ironic, in a bad way.

it could cure all disease and make humans perfect, but it will most likely destroy us all. Not literally but through arguments, wars. The whole way of life would be drastically altered.
    AS cloning does not make a lifeless copy of someone, the clone is an actual human, so there would be SO many arguments about is it right to kill the clone for another "non-clone". It would cause horrible disputes and i hope we aren't successful with it. Genetic Engineering i feel is the better way to go, but it may rely on cloning to advance, and may destroy the world in its own way.
    Cloning is a good thing, but will ultimately be the worst thing to happen.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Stickster

I really, really dissagree with that. There is no way cloning could be right under those surcumstances. Bob's a clone in that situation, right? Does that mean that you can just kill him and it won't matter? Cloning does not copy the person, it just copys the dna. If you were to "make more of him" they would not be him, they would just look like bob. Everything else would be different. So bobs "the clone" life cannot be proven any more or less inportant, and it would be murder to kill him.
    Yeah but its a clone we are using not Bob himself

Dedicated Member
    [quote=-Usf-]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickster
    Quote Originally Posted by "-Usf-":3fea17nu

Yeah but its a clone we are using not Bob himself[/quote:3fea17nu]

thats not the point...the point is if u had a baby and it became sick. it would be the same as making another baby to harvest its organs or limbs.

Enthusiast

But yet, It would lessen the amount of damage the mother would feel, such as depression........Think about it Clones would be there to make happiness for the greater number, unless the family becomes physically and mentally attached to the clone,

Dedicated Member
    But yet, It would lessen the amount of damage the mother would feel, such as depression........Think about it Clones would be there to make happiness for the greater number, unless the family becomes physically and mentally attached to the clone,
    So the clone's life means nothing to you? Like I said before, there is no way to prove it as being more or less of a human, It's just like saying we can kill everyone with green eyes to keep everyone else alive, because they might not be as smart as the rest of humanity. It's not like the clone is just some empty shell, so killing it is murder.

i say no. and heres is why:

God created man, when we clone, its like creating another, but thats gods job, i can see cloing going way too far, as in war and battles, the terriests can clone, theycan takeover new places and countries, it can be the end of humanity. God is the one who creates man, man does not and is not supposed to create man.
    Thank you for the sig xenu22

Quote Originally Posted by darkShadow
    i say no. and heres is why:

God created man, when we clone, its like creating another, but thats gods job, i can see cloing going way too far, as in war and battles, the terriests can clone, theycan takeover new places and countries, it can be the end of humanity. God is the one who creates man, man does not and is not supposed to create man.
    atheists may not see it that way

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast