Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colors

Enthusiast

Colors

Colors, too me, can be a very confusing subject. Because, what exactly ARE colors? Becasue what if what we see aren't actually their true colors. Like, dogs, for example. The see too colors, when see all different kinds. But, what if some creature sees more than we do. What if there are colors that are undefined. What if black and white are just colors that our minds cannot comprehend? Discuss your thoughts on this subject.
    [quote:ac0f3bd038="SA"]You should be banned because you never act like your name. Not once have you brightened up my day on the forums <: (
    And you're not a mister : O[/quote:ac0f3bd038]
    =(

Enthusiast

First of all to all you un educated people, Black and white arent colours, Black is a shade while white is a tint, I dnt know about the colour thing,

Bert: ^ That's wrong. Black is an absence of light and white is completely reflected light.

Yeah bert but we are talking about colour not light, although without light there is no colour, so we are both correct ))(*

Dedicated Member
    it's like nothingness is a colour but then again it isn't. you would think it would be white but it's just nothing, very intresting subject, i would like to see some discussion about this.

Thanks to Baha for the uber sig!
    Whaddya mean it's not butter!?

There is no such thing as nothingness, when you close your eyes you say you arent seeing anything. But you are, you are seeing the color black.

Dedicated Member
    there cant be more colors.. colors are baased on red, blue and yellow either in a light tint or in a dark tint OR mixed together...

so with different combinations u can make every singal color or shade..

i dont see how we cant discover diferent kinds of colors when we have all we need...

SA
    Enthusiast

Colours are very weird. All colours mixed together are white? You can sperate them into 7 colours using a spectrum. If you see a blue object, it's becasue that object is absorbing every other colour and reflecting blue?

The best part is, the Colour Theory (Fully Accurate) was made by a colourblind person.

Jesus, people, get some background on the subject before saying stuff. Seems like no oen even knows wether we're talking about real or artist - type colors. "Artist" colors (I forget the real word) are completely different because they involve substances that reflect colors rather than light beams (photons) themselves that carry the color.

DEBUNK POWER GO!!

Here's the deal:
    Colors we can see are the VISIBLE spectrum; black and white are not colors. The visible spectrum consists of dark red wavelengths thru deak purple (violet) wavelengths.

You can't "invent" new colors; those are the ONLY ones visible to the human eye.

Different spectrums of light (microwave, x-ray) technically have color because they have wavelengths; however, they're not visible because they're outside the visible spectrum.

There is no such thing as nothingness, when you close your eyes you say you arent seeing anything. But you are, you are seeing the color black.
    I think you're just shooting in the dark. Nothingness does exist, it would be a condition where photons are not present at all. But you are seeing the color black when you close your eyes because you are cutting off your light sensors from interpreting photons.

Colors, too me, can be a very confusing subject. Because, what exactly ARE colors? Becasue what if what we see aren't actually their true colors. Like, dogs, for example. The see too colors, when see all different kinds. But, what if some creature sees more than we do. What if there are colors that are undefined. What if black and white are just colors that our minds cannot comprehend? Discuss your thoughts on this subject.
    First of all, "true" colors is bull. There are no "true" colors; our minds interpret certain wavelengths as colors, but the real "color" could vary by any sensor of light. "True" colors is a humal fallacy.
    Next off, dogs don't just see 2 colors, get your facts straight. They have a limited spectrum, but it's not limited to 2 colors (only 2 wavelengths), that would be impossible.
    Third, of COURSE things could see more colors, except we wouldn't be able to understand them if they described them to us. Any wavelength can be "seen" by certain types of sensors. How do you think infrared sensors work? They can "see" infrared wavelengths. But when we see the output, it's converted into our visible spectrum.
    Next, "undefined" colors is shooting in the dark again. That's bull. Definintions of colors are a human fallacy, again.
    Lastly, black and white are NOT true color wavelengths because they are multiple colors aka. photons at different wavelengths (or very few in the case of black) that are so mixed together that our eyes can't discern any particular color, so they mix them together.

First of all to all you un educated people, Black and white arent colours, Black is a shade while white is a tint, I dnt know about the colour thing,
    Technically, yes, you're right, but you're being too vague. Black and white, and grays, are just photons of different wavelengths mixed together so that we can't discern single ones; as you go down the grayscale to black, the amount of photons is fewer.

it's like nothingness is a colour but then again it isn't. you would think it would be white but it's just nothing
    Nothingness is a state where no photons are present - it has no color and no wavelength(s).

there cant be more colors.. colors are baased on red, blue and yellow either in a light tint or in a dark tint OR mixed together...

so with different combinations u can make every singal color or shade..

i dont see how we cant discover diferent kinds of colors when we have all we need...
    More shooting in the dark. You're going off of "artist" colors, not real wavelengths. There can be as many colors as there are wavelengths, infinite colors basically. The rest of the stuff in the first lines is pretty much bull again. And "discovering" new colors, read the thing about how the color of colors is a human fallacy.

*whew*

You know why space is black?
    Because black=no color at all.
    But if you'll mix all color you'll get white.

Color is like an illusion, it's there but it's not there.

wow that pretty much sums up everything SD

Written By:Master Stick
    ------------------------
    ------------------------
    -------My Thread--------
    ------------------------
    -------My Art-----------
    ------------------------
    ------------------------

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartkid
    You can't "invent" new colors; those are the ONLY ones visible to the human eye.
    What im trying to say is: You know how some animals are restricted/can only see certain wavelengths? Just imagine if a color that turns up a different color for us, is actually a different color for everyone else.
    [quote:ac0f3bd038="SA"]You should be banned because you never act like your name. Not once have you brightened up my day on the forums <: (
    And you're not a mister : O[/quote:ac0f3bd038]
    =(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast