Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: time travel

Fanatic Enthusiast

Yeah it's called a paradox. Like if you went back in time and prevented your own birth, you would never have been born and therefore would never have been able to go back in time to stop yourself being born. wa_)(
    Elite Forgotten

Enthusiast

i think that he'll just exist in his own "space" and us exist in ours, it wont affect us whatever he does in his time...

...i see it as a long long cue of cars.... we are all in car 'A', time is illistrated by the car moving constently on a road...
    when a guy travels back in time he simply moves from our car to a car further back in the cue, nothing will happen to us whatever he does in his car, he'll just be going over the same bit of road again...

like there is multiple dimensions running at the same time, all at different periods of life, going back in time is just like traveling to another dimension...

just my theory..
    -penguin boi
    'live and kickin' !

New Animation thread 08

Re: time travel

That would be a time paradox. I just hope time machines won't be DeLoreans!

After much research, I believe I have to rescind my prior standing that time travel is impossible.
    A foot measures items in space, a Second measures 'items' in time. (Or actions)

This is the classic "Go back in time to kill your Father" Argument.
    If you go back and kill your father before you are born, do you live to go back in time to kill him, stopping yourself from being born to go back and kill him?

Time Paradoxes in a nutshell -
    • In this scenario, let's take Timeline A and Timeline B.
      Bob is in Timeline A. He wishes to go back and kill his father before Bob was born, 50 years ago.
      He goes back, creating Timeline B.
      Timeline A continues on. Bob is gone, into Timeline B, and Bob's father is alive and well.
      In Timeline B, Bob kills his Father. Bob remains alive, because he was already born in Timeline A, and in Timeline A, his Father is alive.
      Unborn Bob in Timeline B never gets born.
      Essentially, Timeline B is 'stuck' in a state 50 years ago. Events play out as they would have in Timeline A if the same circumstances arose.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

Pat

Travelling back in time is in theory possible, but once you make the machine you would only be able to travel back to the point when you started it now, so get building

Fanatic Enthusiast

I know bumping is allowed here, but three years?

Anyways, I don't see time travel ever being possible. But we may be able to re-create an event if we had a type of recording or history of it.

That's only true if you look at time as a connected linear progression. If it were not, then you could go back in time, prevent your birth, and time would carry on from that point with that one change, and Everything back in your time would keep on progressing as usual, because both instances would exist in different states of matter.
    I'm gay.

Its a paradox. youll go insane eventually if you keep thinking about stuff like this. Unless you think of time as a buble, like i do. PM if you dont understand.
    What the CIA doesn't want you to see:

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

The way it was stated was a Paradox. But. The idea of time travel, backwards anyway is 100% impossible, seeing as though time isn't a thing, it doesn't ACTUALLY exist, it's the description of the Earth/Sun/Moon/Universe moving made up by humans.
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Exhibit A.

But yeah, I don't believe it's in any way possible. Time is just something you can't change. I think that the smallest thing like a piece of dust not falling in the right spot 1000 years ago could greatly affect how we live today :P
    Well, maybe not THAT small, but you get my drift.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast