Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Reletivity?

Dedicated Member

Reletivity?

Ok, the theorie of reletivity could be wrong. I'm saying there is evidence that in other parts of the universe the theorie of reletivity could be wrong. I'm skeptical, but i thought it would be an ineresting topic to discuss.

Do you mean that the reules change if in another part of the universe, or that the whole theory is wrong entirly?

If you meant the first part, then it is impossible to test as you would have to travel to those far-flung corners of the universe with everything you needed to test it, and then get back with your findings, which would take too long for anybody who isn't invincible and, as it is far away, really doesn't bother us over here now,

If the second I havn't got a clue, are you talking about the Special or General theory, they are both very different.
    Come over to the Dark Side, we have candy

OMG i actually have a thread, meaning I've actually done something! (Not updated in years... Pester me until I make something new):
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=6108

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamper
    Do you mean that the reules change if in another part of the universe, or that the whole theory is wrong entirly?

If you meant the first part, then it is impossible to test as you would have to travel to those far-flung corners of the universe with everything you needed to test it, and then get back with your findings, which would take too long for anybody who isn't invincible and, as it is far away, really doesn't bother us over here now,

If the second I havn't got a clue, are you talking about the Special or General theory, they are both very different.
    Well, aren't they the same thing ? My point is, couldn't some weird possability of "bending reality be posssible if the very laws of nature can break down? And couldn't we find a way to harness and duplicate those conditions? Maybe easier space-travel?

Quote Originally Posted by I
    They are indeed both very different, try wikipedia, it's probroublt full of stuff about both of them...

And bending reality is impossible, if reality is changed it is still reality, as in it still exists, it is just a reality that is different from the current one, reality that has been 'beaten with a stick' as it were. But it is still reality because it exists.

Plus the fact I think einstein made the rules so that they shouldn't be broken... otherwise half the universe doesn't make sense
    Come over to the Dark Side, we have candy

OMG i actually have a thread, meaning I've actually done something! (Not updated in years... Pester me until I make something new):
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=6108