Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A purpose?

Enthusiast

A purpose?

Do you think that we have a purpose, an ultimate goal, to our existence? I don't. But I'd like to hear your thoughts.

An ultimate goal we might have is to be entertained. But that leads to nothing. A purpose we could have is this: Maybe we are entertainment or workers for other life. For example, they could be benefiting from our labor, or enjoying themselves by watching us go about our lives. But then, what is the purpose of those who watch us?

I do not actually believe that idea, but it is possible.

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

Old Newbie
    mankind used to have purpose,but not anymor.
    now its all about making money and being supreme.
    we go to school to make money,we go to work to make money,we retire to make money,we die to make other people spend their money on our funerals...
    money has taken the purpose of humans,and i just dont think its right!
    anyone with me?
    or...against me...or neutral,or anywhere between the three? :])

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    mankind used to have purpose,but not anymor.
    now its all about making money and being supreme.
    we go to school to make money,we go to work to make money,we retire to make money,we die to make other people spend their money on our funerals...
    money has taken the purpose of humans,and i just dont think its right!
    anyone with me?
    or...against me...or neutral,or anywhere between the three? :])
    Okay. So what was the purpose before money?

I kinda agree with you on the money idea. But I think that is more of a goal, not a purpose. AND, I think that we revolve around sex more than money.

Purpose? Life, and "humanity", is made up of an unusually complex series of chemical reactions. Our purpose is to be a conduit for conversion of energy to states of higher entropy.

I love being the blunt scientist

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdood
    Purpose? Life, and "humanity", is made up of an unusually complex series of chemical reactions. Our purpose is to be a conduit for conversion of energy to states of higher entropy.

I love being the blunt scientist
    And that's why everyone hates you. )

I'm not getting the answers I want. Keep posting.

I'm a christian so I believe in God and such, so that's kinda part of my meaning of existance and a meaning for humans. My meaning of existance right now to prove one of my friends wrong (Shallow) and to get the next week over and done with,

As for a meaning for the whole of humanity? Maybe shutting up, sitting down and having a nice chat over tea and biscuits and deciding NOT to kill everyone just because you're different to them, and sometimes not even that.

I agree with you on the money thing as well...
    Come over to the Dark Side, we have candy

OMG i actually have a thread, meaning I've actually done something! (Not updated in years... Pester me until I make something new):
    http://forums.darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?t=6108

Old Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by hamper
    I'm a christian so I believe in God and such
    well isnt it stated in the bible that we should live like we are dying(since we are),that we should live each day to the fullest?

pfft...moneys taken that purpose away too...now we have soda pop and stuff like that,its just poison is a can...but they make it seem alright...i mean gosh,have you ever read the back of a soda can!?and then there is the "disease" known as "alchaholism".
    you know what,thats the only disease i have heard of that you can put in a bottle.

am i getting a bit off-topic here?

Hell, yes.

Anyway, one of the purposes in life, I think, is to make ourselves happy and to live a rich and full life. But who does that please? Us? That's all? And even if it did please someone on a higher level, what's the point of that? Do they please someone by enjoying themselves? And it goes on like that.

I do think life revolves around sex, as well. But that's just a way to enjoy ourselves. And to create young of course. That could be another purpose, but then what's the point in that? It just means more people have to be made happy, if that's the purpose of life. Money also seems to make people happy, and for the third time, is there any point?
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

Old Newbie
    maybe there isnt,maybe we are here just to drown ourselves in our own hatred...

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    maybe there isnt,maybe we are here just to drown ourselves in our own hatred...
    For some sadistic bastard's enjoyment. 'course, what's the point in that? Read my post above for more info.

Hey, maybe, we're beings like 'The Sims', but for beings on a higher level. The good players have rich businessmen and famous stars, footballers etc. while the bad players get tramps and failures. They probably have a server top hundred, top hundred richest, top hundred singers, top hundred sportsmen, etc.

Top richest
    1. Username: Bill Gates

Dunno why I did that...

Now I'm getting way offtopic.[/code]
    My Thread - Courtesyplz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast