Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Creation of the universe

Okay first thing, no religion in this thread. We've all heard the god-makes-everything-via-magic story. . . well if you can actually prove that happened (no "I believe it so it's true" religion mumbo-jumbo) then feel free to shoot it out here. But this thread's mostly for science-discussion of types of ways the universe started.

So, your opinion: how did the universe begin?

Don't copy-paste something from a website explaining it, tell us in your own words plez. I've been reading up on this so I can give a valid yes-or-no as to whether your idea's possible.

Enthusiast

Ive believe the big bang theory to be honest

Enthusiast

The Big Bang theory seems reasonable but I can't figure out where everything came from in the beginnning. If matter didn't just appear, there must have never been a beginning to anything. But I don't like that explanation because you can't really understand it fully.

Also, I just thought of something. About the Big Bang theory:
    Could it be possible that the universe is in a pattern? Where it's pulled into an extremely hot and dense singularity, explodes, but eventually, pulls back into that singularity, only to explode again, and the pattern repeats itself forever?

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

Enthusiast

well, you do know there are several other galaxies with planets in them, so matter has been around for ages, but the big bang created the planets we are in and near today

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreal
    The Big Bang theory seems reasonable but I can't figure out where everything came from in the beginnning. If matter didn't just appear, there must have never been a beginning to anything. But I don't like that explanation because you can't really understand it fully.
    Yar, the big bang theory isn't right. None of the theories are completely right, but the big bang. . . totally goes against general relativity by deeming the "point of the bang" as special in space viewpoints as an origin of matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    well, you do know there are several other galaxies with planets in them, so matter has been around for ages, but the big bang created the planets we are in and near today
    Eh, get your facts straight. There are tons of places in this galaxy with planets. And the big bang didn't "create" the planets, and they don't prove that the big bang occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreal
    Also, I just thought of something. About the Big Bang theory:
    Could it be possible that the universe is in a pattern? Where it's pulled into an extremely hot and dense singularity, explodes, but eventually, pulls back into that singularity, only to explode again, and the pattern repeats itself forever?
    Pretty much what I thought before I found out about inflationary theory. Supposedly, the universe began at an infinite size, filled with an inflaton field and a Higgs field at random, fluctuating values. The Higgs field is less important in the theory; the inflaton field is what caused the "big bang".

Basically, when the inflaton field in an area about 10^-30 cm. wide (debated size/density) reached a density high enough (field value), it caused the rest of the field around the universe to start quickly decreasing in value. What this did is caused the universe to "stretch"; a point an inch away from another would double in distance from each other every 10^-37 seconds via repulsive gravity; this caused the infinite universe to expand greatly (infinity CAN expand, yes).

When the inflaton field reached a low enough point, it released its energy by creating almost uniform ordinary matter throughout the entire universe; however, since different areas of the field decreased at slightly different times, this caused variations in the amount of matter created. This, un turn, caused clumping into galaxies over time, and there you go, big "bang".

Enthusiast

Lol reading over My thing it made no sense, But hey I was tired :])

Jon
    Fanatic Enthusiast

I think the uneverse always was and always will be. It's just that for us, its hard to comprehend that somthing didn't get created, or have a begening. It's just too bad these questions will probably never get answered.

Even if tehre was a bigbang, its hard to imagine that it came outa nowhere. That theory always seemed kinda childish to me. That everything happened all at once... its quite lame.
    In memory of Shane and Sarah

Fanatic Enthusiast

There has been tonnes of these threads.

also it's impossible to *prove* the beginning of the universe without going back till then and video taping it.

up until that, its all speculation.
    Elite Forgotten

Yup, impossible to prove ANYTHING about creation of life and the universe. It's a never-ending loop of what was before that, and before that. Because if you try to say that there was nothing . . . You can't, no one can unless they can explain what the effect of nothing would have on our dainty human eyes.

Also, people say atoms were the first things . . . How? How can anyone say that when something must of made them first, and them, and them, and them . . . etc. :])

Its a hopeless quest, and one that only the science fiction can describe. Sadly....

SA
    Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SlashedGryffan

Its a hopeless quest, and one that only the science fiction can describe. Sadly....
    Agree completely. There is no correct theory, beacuse that is exactly what they are, theories. So you can't say, no the Big Bang theory is incorrect, Smashdood.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast