Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fanatic Enthusiast Fuddermuffin's Avatar

POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND

Yeah, so recently, my mom tricked me into going to this group therapy-like class. The people there called it ThetaHealing and the point of it was to open all seven of your chakras and reach something called the 7th plane and to ask the Creator about problems and fixing them and other weird shit.
    The program was started by someone who supposedly have a leukemia but was able to heal herself overnight with ThetaHealing. Obviously, it's not some magic bullshit, but the people who taught this class really believed it was working. I mean they were the happiest motherfuckers I've ever seen, and smiled the whole time. It was an 8 hour class everyday for 3 days...
    A concept was brought up that if you really believed you could do something, and not try to do something, but that you could already do it, then you would somehow be able to.
    I was skeptical about the whole thing, but not my sister and mom. But I was interested in this kind of thinking, how you could actually become less ill if you made yourself believe you were getting better.
    Like a cancer patient who is told he's going to die soon, but actually has many years of life left and he dies anyways.
    Discuss?
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1221454788.gif[/img] - Click Clack
    Steam ID: Fuddermuffin (Team Fortress 2)

Re: POWER OF THE HUMAN MIND

This is the generally a more elaborated definition of the placebo effect.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Placebo effect. If you think it's going to heal you, sometimes it will actually work.

Leukemia cure? Fuck off(Not directed at you).
    [center:1n34a6n7]Ground Zero

[/center:1n34a6n7]
    [center:1n34a6n7]Ground Zero, the first of one of my many CYOA's.
    Click the top part of the signature, and try to get out alive.[/center:1n34a6n7]

These kinds of self-healing have been thoroughly tested, and found to be bullshit. They are no better than random chance at 'healing'. Only if you fail to heal yourself in these kinds of pseudo-cults, it's your fault for not wanting it enough. It's bullshit, don't be fooled by the smiling sheep.

When we are able to condense this 'Power of the Human Mind' bullshit and make a cure for cancer I'll be happy.

Until then I'm not taking a single one of these topics seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Yes i've heard of this, it's the placebo effect. I've had it work for me actually. One time my foot had been hurting very bad every time i walk. it went on for about 2 months so we went the doctors and they X-rayed my foot, examined it etc. and they finnaly told me, if it does'nt go away by next week to bring me in again and they were gonna operate on it. I was only 10 and was scared shitless. we get home i walk in the door and my foot stopped hurting. never hurt again. Wierd but i was happy.
    Hi! =)