Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Higgs Boson and Large Hadron Collider (LHC)

Quote Originally Posted by EverBlack
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy The Hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by EverBlack
    If it helps us forward any research into mass and any other theory it could help, without causing drastic harm to the planet, why worry?

Oh, that's right, the fanatical christians will try to say it will be judgement day. They must be right guys! Let's not get further information, some zealots who have had their face smashed into a bible so many times they're brainwashed against logic and reason say that it will kill us all.

Oh the irony.
    Why the fuck would you bring a bias thought on religion into this debate?
    It's not a bias thought, although i admit it sounds very much like one.

Fanatics WILL label this as a judgement day, but, my point still applies. It wont do any drastic damage to the planet, so I say go for it.
    Yeah, that's true. But I'm sure you could have not seemed like a dickhead about it.
    I mean, I'm atheist and all. But c'mon, that's bias and you know it.

Everblack, that was pretty unreasonable and off topic. This really has nothing to do with religion, and your stingy diction leads me to believe you are just looking for opportunities to go off on it.

Anyways, I'm obviously all for the LHC and really wish they would just get it working already. There's no greater purpose than to advance our understanding of the universe. Makes me pissed off they cancelled the SSC, but I'm glad society redeemed itself a bit with this.
    [center:3346oc0h][/center:3346oc0h]
    [center:3346oc0h]Blog Anims Art[/center:3346oc0h]

Pat

I'm just waiting till they actually begin testing.

100%

Face it, if we don't prove this once and for all, Creationalists will still be struting around with Bibles in hand and acting like smart-asses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

ok...so what I was thinking was...what would happen if those black holes had run into eachother before they went out? would it then make like a hedra gap? what I mean by that is something like the mobius strip. suck vacuum one into vacuum 2, and vacuum 2 into vacuum 1. then this repeats...
    * another idea..what about the jet plumes when the black hole spews out gas...how damaging could that be?

...What? That's got nearly nothing to do with the topic, save a sentence in the beginning, then you go off on a tangent about zombies and Muslims! If you'd like information regarding little things like that, feel free to Google away your problems, but there's no need to bring it into the Debate Area, which is meant for serious philosophical debates.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

Quote Originally Posted by kahgro22
    100%

Face it, if we don't prove this once and for all, Creationalists will still be struting around with Bibles in hand and acting like smart-asses.
    Yeah, because nowadays, since we haven't proven that the Higgs Boson exists, I can see "Creationalists" everywhere strutting around with their Bibles, being smart-asses to everyone. 'Miright?

____

Well I didn't really know anything about this debate topic until I did a little googling into the LHC. I'm guessing the LHC was the cause of the mass media scare that the world was going to "end" because of a test? Either way, it's the media that makes the fuss. But I think that if proving/finding the Higgs Boson would provide breakthroughs in finding out the origins of the universe, then go ahead.
    [center:32oyuvsa]DeeJayDomos/MODIFICA7E/Domii

Video Channel
    http://youtube.com/deejaydomos
    Soundcloud (DnB, Dubstep, House, Electro)
    http://soundcloud.com/modifica7e
    Music Channel
    http://youtube.com/modifica7e[/center:32oyuvsa]

Quote Originally Posted by Domos
    100%

Yeah, because nowadays, since we haven't proven that the Higgs Boson exists, I can see "Creationalists" everywhere strutting around with their Bibles, being smart-asses to everyone. 'Miright?

____

Well I didn't really know anything about this debate topic until I did a little googling into the LHC. I'm guessing the LHC was the cause of the mass media scare that the world was going to "end" because of a test? Either way, it's the media that makes the fuss. But I think that if proving/finding the Higgs Boson would provide breakthroughs in finding out the origins of the universe, then go ahead.
    Exactly. i can't stand normal Religious, but Creationists? They are the extreme of stupid.
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Domos
    100%

____

Exactly. i can't stand normal Religious, but Creationalists?

They are the extreme of stupid.

Oh irony.

What do you mean?
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast