Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Veteran Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,494

    Humans being at the top of the food chain

    I never liked the notation of people being at the top of the food chain. We consider ourselves at the top because of our technology and weapons. We think we can kill anything, which we can with the weapons we created. But think about it, if you take a human. One human. No resources. And you tell that human to kill a bear, he could not, only by using traps/weapons. Humans as we are, are probably somewhere at the middle of the food chain. I bet we couldn't even kill a bunny without weapons or traps. He'll probbaly run away before we could even know what's happening. There are so many more animals out there that we could not kill withouth the use of our weapons. Think about it... if u give a monkey a sharp stick and teach him how to use it and how to kill with it, eventually more monkies will follow his example.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

  2. #2
    Enthusiast Blitz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Zombocom
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    I think we are at the top of the food chain because we are sentient and can think. We are at the top because we are so inventive. You don't see monkeys driving cars, do you? But I see your point, if it was a dog against a human (w/o resources or tools) we would be screwed. But we have our minds, which give us the upper hand.

    E: Oh yeah, we also have thumbs. lol
    [center:s1g75gto]"I rather tell thee what is to be feared than what I fear; for always I am Caesar"

    Steam Username: Blitzkrieg ( Add CrashClosed54 )[/center:s1g75gto]

  3. #3
    Devoted Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    13,811

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Wow, stupidest thing I've ever read. Yeah, if we are stripped of our evolved intelligence then we wouldn't be at the top of the food chain. If other animals had our evolved intelligence then we wouldn't be at the top of the food chain. Thankfully though, that's not how the world is, and we are at the top of the food chain.

    You don't calculate is by pitting one animal against another in a 1v1 fight, that's not how it works.

  4. #4
    Enthusiast SuperSTi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    |: 0
    Posts
    1,547

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Oh god no, not another one of these threads. There's no reason why products of our intelligence should be taken out of consideration; intelligence is as big a factor as anything else in where an animals stands.

    As for your bunny example, of course we can't kill a bunny with our bare hands, we're not built to kill bunnies, you idiot. Foxes are built to kill bunnies. We're meant to use weapons to hunt, we didn't evolve to beat animals to death, we evolved to use weapons and strategy, our intelligence is our weapon. Foxes evolved to be agile and have strong senses, with sharp claws and teeth. That's how they hunt. We hunt with our intelligence, with weapons and traps. Saying we can't kill a bunny without using weapons and traps is like saying a fox can't kill a bunny without claws and teeth. It's a completely pointless argument. They're essential to how foxes evolved and hunt, and our intelligence is no different a factor for us.
    [center:3346oc0h][/center:3346oc0h]
    [center:3346oc0h]Blog Anims Art[/center:3346oc0h]

  5. #5
    Veteran Enthusiast Sniper's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,494

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSTi
    Oh god no, not another one of these threads. There's no reason why products of our intelligence should be taken out of consideration; intelligence is as big a factor as anything else in where an animals stands.

    As for your bunny example, of course we can't kill a bunny with our bare hands, we're not built to kill bunnies, you idiot. Foxes are built to kill bunnies. We're meant to use weapons to hunt, we didn't evolve to beat animals to death, we evolved to use weapons and strategy, our intelligence is our weapon. Foxes evolved to be agile and have strong senses, with sharp claws and teeth. That's how they hunt. We hunt with our intelligence, with weapons and traps. Saying we can't kill a bunny without using weapons and traps is like saying a fox can't kill a bunny without claws and teeth. It's a completely pointless argument. They're essential to how foxes evolved and hunt, and our intelligence is no different a factor for us.
    Us not using weapons and traps is like a fox not using its teeth and claws? Are we really that dependent on our tech? We have fingernails... claws. We have teeth.
    OH. ok, i get it. Foxes are built to kill bunnies. We are built to use weapons and kill things using our inteligence. Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

  6. #6
    Veteran Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,651

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Jesus christ lilyo, you really don't get it do you?

    Claws and teeth are the foxes weapons Our Hunting equipment is OUR. way of killing animals for food. with weapons. If you take away our weapons, it would technicaly be the same as taking a foxes teeth, and claws away. A bear uses its teeth, strength, and claws to kill its prey. Take away all of those things, and it is helpless. Just like humans would be if you took away their weapons.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    You look nice tonight.....
    Posts
    478

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    yeah, so humans, we're totally just making up that we're top of the foodchain WHILE ON THE COMPUTER. WHAT THE FUCK?!

    If I ever see my fucking dog typing on your post, I'll agree, we aren't the top of the foodchain. Dolphins and Monkeys may be smart, but they haven't invented a vaccine. They just eat their own shit and pick eachother's bugs.
    [center:2nulsz1v]

    Ground Zero[/center:2nulsz1v]

  8. #8
    Enthusiast Blitz's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Zombocom
    Posts
    2,045

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Quote Originally Posted by Trelen
    yeah, so humans, we're totally just making up that we're top of the foodchain WHILE ON THE COMPUTER. WHAT THE FUCK?!
    I think thats sig-worthy, lol.

    (sorry, off-topic)
    [center:s1g75gto]"I rather tell thee what is to be feared than what I fear; for always I am Caesar"

    Steam Username: Blitzkrieg ( Add CrashClosed54 )[/center:s1g75gto]

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    You look nice tonight.....
    Posts
    478

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    Quote Originally Posted by @Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by Trelen
    yeah, so humans, we're totally just making up that we're top of the foodchain WHILE ON THE COMPUTER. WHAT THE FUCK?!
    I think thats sig-worthy, lol.

    (sorry, off-topic)
    Dude, my fucking cat beat you to it. He's currently sending the lulz quote to Good Morning America and playing xbox at the SAME TIME
    [center:2nulsz1v]

    Ground Zero[/center:2nulsz1v]

  10. #10
    DD's Collector Faded's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,907

    Re: Humans being at the top of the food chain

    No way in hell are we at the top of the food chain.

    Reason being: Look at some of the carnivores that this earth has to offer as animal life, things are known for eating and killing humans as well, such as sharks, and other animals. So if we are on the top of the food chain, wouldn't that mean that we were invicible and couldn't be killed by other animals? I think so. A fucking horse can kill you, meaning it's stronger than you, which sort of proves my point as well as the shark example considering these things pose a threat to us in natural settings in certain times like at a beach or whatever. Animals have us beat on that.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx
    Skype: darkdemonusertim

    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •