Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Full year of school

Barrack Obama is going for a full year of school, yes, full year.
    Discuss.
    [center:3mz8yq62][/center:3mz8yq62]

Re: Full year of school

No he's not o_o
    He just want to remove summer vacation and spread those 2 months of summer with other holidays. So for example Christmas will be 1 week longer, easter might be longer, etc. This is because the teachers do not get payed during the summers so they want summer vacation to be removed. It would suck SO bad if it would be removed :/
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Oh well, whatever.
    Just discuss.
    [center:3mz8yq62][/center:3mz8yq62]

Devoted Veteran

Uh.. I actually think it's a good idea. It would make school years much easier because there is more time to get things done instead of doing nothing for 3 months and then cramming for 9..
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

I think it's a terrible idea, all the summer camps will be shut down.
    And I can't stand going to school in the summer, it's too hot to think.

Schools are already being cut back and it's hard for them to survive and pay their teachers for a partial year. How will they manage for a full year? Just goes to show how stupid he is.
    [center:n6wbk0q1][/center:n6wbk0q1]

He just wants to extend the school year and extend the school days.

He's a dumbass if you ask me. >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Oh, good Lord, people are stupid. And I'm not talking about Obama.

For all of you who are "Too cool for school", here's a fun fact. Full-Year schooling makes infinite sense! Our current school year is based upon an agrarian calendar, for God's sake! It's meant to allow for children in their off-time from schooling to till the fields and get ready for harvest! I'm not even sure if that's legal anymore!

Full-Year schooling creates a more streamlined pace, less jerking back and forth from year to year. They'd take the three months of summer, and smash it into other holidays. They'd tack on a week here, a week there, and avoid summer.

Then again, I've never been a fan of summer myself. Three months of dreadful heat to play around in! No thanks. I'd rather have an extra week of winter break than the three months of summer we end up getting. Removing summer break is a perfectly logical system.

And I'm really tired of people bashing Obama because they're too stupid to differentiate obvious benefits from old-world thinking! We're behind in the world game, people. We've got to play catch up, and with people like you around, we're not going anywhere fast.

All-Year schooling is more effective, and in my opinion, lessens overall stress. I mean, really; three months of summer is going to hit an upper limit on 'relaxation' in about a month. You aren't gaining rollover relaxation points by having it so absurdly long! Why not spread those around?
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

I agree with some of what you have to say, but you have to take into consideration a few things like, summer camps will be bankrupt, in some places, it is too hot in the summer usually, and most people either use the 2 months of summer vacation to travel somewhere or to work or just relax. You can't really do much in the winter. Taking the entire 2 months of summer off is not that great of an idea.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Fanatic Enthusiast

I would like that. It would reduce stress (I have friends that get 8 hours of homework a day..I only get 4 hours of work)....but then again, we would use that summer time that we use to do other things not pertaining to school....but the extra holidays can make up for that. Summer does get boring after a month (for me). We would also learn more because there is more time. The benefits make up for the disadvantages...and the teachers getting paid thing (I don't really care about teachers...but looking at it as a whole, that counts as a benefit).
    [center:24pu3o4q][/center:24pu3o4q]
    [center:24pu3o4q]Free Stuff!
    I shit you not...[/center:24pu3o4q]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast