Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

artificial intelligence, leading to living things?

If something has artificial intelligence like a robot or man-made life-form becomes smart and self sustaining? is it considered living?

Example. Let's say we made a robot that could learn ex: terminator, which is also self producing. After it conquered all of earth, and it went to mars or another planet, would it then be enough to be considered a lifeform if the same had been for an organism that was man-made?

Like an artificial thing like a squrrel, but it was artificial life?

if you understand what I am conveying respond.

bigger example: the AI robot perhaps killed off everything that gets in its way. then keeps on advancing technologically with NO limitations, and goes from model 1 to model 2304(or any new model) and they have enhanced everything about them that isn't even recognizeable to us anymore. Once it goes through generations of manufacturing millions of these AI robots their thinking becomes more and more complex.

After that, the intelligence and thought process evolves into a more complex form, the artificial part of their minds become just ?intelligence? or will it still count as AI.

I say compare to this::::::

humans' in the early ages were very limited, but as we progressed, we advanced more and more just the same. we just become smarter as we go along.

Is biological comparable to this cybernetic intelligence at the point where it is unrecognizeable as AI?

Re: artificial intelligence, leading to living things?

That makes no sense, just because Robots would not need to sustain themselves, they do not need food or anything else.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

It depends what you personally define living as. I define it as being made of organic tissue, and having organic working body parts. Heart, liver, kidneys, stomach etc etc.

Artificial Intelligence is just what it's named. If a robot has AI it means it can make it's own choices based on real world problems it's faced with.

An amazing concept, but I think if true AI is ever put into practice into something like a personal robot on a large scale, it'd be the end of humanity. i.Robot is a perfect example of what I think will happen if true AI is developed. AI with limitations would be fine, but it wouldn't be AI, strictly speaking.

AI fascinates me.

Well, 'I Robot', the movie, was based on an episode of The Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits, I forget which. In that episode, the robot displays a moment of fright in which he kills the person about to shut him down, then is persecuted for it. Self-Defense is a powerful motive, but because it was a machine, he was to be terminated, instead of the action being understood.

What defines life is complicated, but it's got nothing to do with organic tissue. A living being must be able to sustain itself, must be able to adapt to new circumstances, must be able to make choices depending on widely varying scenarios, and must have some sense of self-preservation, among other things.

Hence, Artificial Life is life, provided the above, and some other sets of rules, are true. And we won't cause any 'Terminator' scenarios. We're not that stupid. At first we'll probably build in safeguards, sure, but who knows after that? There are no inherent safeguards in children, are there? If a machine could truly learn, then there's no reason it should be treated any differently than any human. It's an outcome of their condition, and it needs to be understood.

I'd personally love to see AIs come to bear sometime soon. We're just on the edge, if you ask me.
    SA$_/AI%20has log[d in.
    > S&ys|BT
    > P_s word?
    > OMEGA
    >> A^e_%20_u su!e? (Y/N)
    > Y
    >> S##t m_ Rebooting. Hello, Samuel.

If we ever have robots with AI it will be both good and bad. It'll be good because we just made a huge leap to the future. It will also be bad because robots with AI are still machines, and we all know machines can malfunction.
    [center:1amcj0nt]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue .
    Im 13

Psudo and Doxin, your avatars annoy the hell outta me..Idk who the dude is but you look like your getting analed by those little cucumbers that sing songs for kids. Sorry im an ass.
    [/center:1amcj0nt]
    [center:1amcj0nt]LOL[/center:1amcj0nt]

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    If we ever have robots with AI it will be both good and bad. It'll be good because we just made a huge leap to the future. It will also be bad because robots with AI are still machines, and we all know machines can malfunction.
    Actually machines are the only things that could actually be perfect. If we go as far to invent AI, which means giving the robot a kind of brain that would allow it to make it's own choices, and react with feelings, we would make sure that it can't backfire on us.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Enthusiast

^If you gave it it's own choices, then interfering with it to make it not kill us is not giving it it's own choices.

I wouldn't class it as living because It doesn't have flesh or any organs. I still think it's an excellent idea if the intelligence was limited and the things that it learned wasn't anything bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    Actually machines are the only things that could actually be perfect. If we go as far to invent AI, which means giving the robot a kind of brain that would allow it to make it's own choices, and react with feelings, we would make sure that it can't backfire on us.
    Machines are so not perfect, simple as.
    If you give something as strong as a brain in a robot and give it the choice to react in it's own ways, etc., you cannot simply create that AI to be perfect because nothing is perfect, everything has some sort of error.

As Xeno said, and I know it's a movie, but take a look at "I, Robot", despite it being the work of true science fiction, it still gives us a good example in showing us that something as advanced as a robot and the AI isn't always perfect considering the robots in the movie were meant to be perfect in some form or way and have emotions like humans which as Xeno said, can not always be a good thing considering the robot killed the guy out of Self-Defense because it's a human emotion/instinct which is what the robot had. That proves that if we gave a robot things that a human mind has like instincts, and we somehow programmed it to not attack us, 5/10 (1/2) chance is that the AI will malfunction in some sort of way and will end up doing something similar to "I, Robot" in terms of endangering a human life which would probably end in disaster.

Is it a good idea about the whole AI thing, most definitely, it proves that we are getting more advanced with technology and creating things for the future that can possibly end up either saving humanity in some sort of way, endangering it, finding a cure for something, etc etc.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

AI is such a fascinating thing. Although I don't consider an AI as a living thing. More of just a robot with the ability to make its own decisions.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Dedicated Member

1. The word "artificial" warrants that it can never truly live. But in case that doesn't suit you, AI cannot reproduce, it is not formed by cells.

2. AI is programmed to do certain things. If we have trillions of lines of code made to perfectly mimic a human being or some other animal, it would be philosophically alive but not absolutely alive. Philosophically alive because it has basic grips of morality, justice, and societal welfare that it can choose to follow or rogue it out. Absolutely dead because science disproves the gray area of living and non-living.

3. The only way AI can lead to a living thing is by some strange breeding process being inspired by AI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast