Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

faster then the speed of light?

here is my theory.
    if a sun is close to a black hole, then the light would hit the gravity of this super dense object and most would be sucked in.
    however a certain beam of light would be pulled or "slingshotted" be the immense gravity.
    pulling it into a speed faster then the speed of light, since it was already going that speed.
    other light would be pulled into a radial motion, moving faster and faster until it reached the center, like when you drop a penny on a curved surface.

if you would like to try to disprove it, be my guest.
    [center:2mqnphuv][/center:2mqnphuv]

Re: faster then the speed of light?

I don't see how this is a debate, light can't escape a black hole, a 2nd grader could figure that one considering we don't know where the light goes or if it goes anywhere and says in the supposed "void" if you would call it that.

Why do you think it's called a hole, it's called that because of the fact that nothing can escape from it, not even light or any other form of electromagnetic radiation can escape from it, it's been proven if I'm not mistaken by many scientists.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Light can't escape a black hole's gravitational pull tho... This makes no sense.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyo
    Light can't escape a black hole's gravitational pull tho... This makes no sense.
    Basically the same thing I said, there is no debate considering there is only one answer unless scientists can further prove that light can actually escape which is highly unprobable.

If the light is getting pulled in in the first place, it's already traveling faster than the speed of light.

And once an object is within the black hole's event Horizon, everything goes straight for the center, no exceptions.
    [center:27415fu2]Thread[/center:27415fu2]

Quote Originally Posted by stupidmoose
    If the light is getting pulled in in the first place, it's already traveling faster than the speed of light.

And once an object is within the black hole's event Horizon, everything goes straight for the center, no exceptions.
    Fucking exactly, don't see why Killa Z thinks that something can get out of a black hole such as light when Elementary School teaches you that black holes are bad and you can never escape them, not even light can, or at least my school taught it.

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoZ

Fucking exactly, don't see why Killa Z thinks that something can get out of a black hole such as light when Elementary School teaches you that black holes are bad and you can never escape them, not even light can, or at least my school taught it.
    wrong, there is a certain point where it can escape yet still be effected by the gravity.
    if you where working on the basis that its going right towards it then yes you would be right.
    but a black hole, like any other source of gravity, has an area where you can and cannot escape.

[quote=Killa Z]
    Quote Originally Posted by ".ChAoZ":1rl0sx0e

wrong, there is a certain point where it can escape yet still be effected by the gravity.
    if you where working on the basis that its going right towards it then yes you would be right.
    but a black hole, like any other source of gravity, has an area where you can and cannot escape.[/quote:1rl0sx0e]
    That point is outside the event horizon, but the event horizon is usually millions of miles wide.
    [center:27415fu2]Thread[/center:27415fu2]

[quote=Killa Z][quote=".ChAoZ":2inne38w][quote=stupidmoose]If the light is getting pulled in in the first place, it's already traveling faster than the speed of light.

And once an object is within the black hole's event Horizon, everything goes straight for the center, no exceptions.[/quote]
    Fucking exactly, don't see why Killa Z thinks that something can get out of a black hole such as light when Elementary School teaches you that black holes are bad and you can never escape them, not even light can, or at least my school taught it.[/quote]
    but a black hole, like any other source of gravity, has an area where you can and cannot escape.[/quote:2inne38w]
    But light points in all directions, and seeing how it's going through the speed of light, it'll reach the black hole in a matter of minutes or seconds. Light cannot escape, don't believe me?

[url="http://filer.case.edu/~sjr16/stars_blackhole.html"]http://filer.case.edu/~sjr16/stars_blackhole.html[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by .ChAoZ
    But light points in all directions, and seeing how it's going through the speed of light, it'll reach the black hole in a matter of minutes or seconds. Light cannot escape, don't believe me?

http://filer.case.edu/~sjr16/stars_blackhole.html
    the fact the light points out in all directions is supposed to prove what?.
    and as for the link, where does it say anything that light cannot escape?.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast