Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Eating Squirrels!?

Yes, this IS a debate.

The Guardian newspaper (UK) has announced that the grey squirrel is gaining popularity - as a meal. Costing approximately 3.50 per squirrel, the meat is said to be sweet, "like a cross between lamb and duck". One animal is said to feed one and a half adults.

Some yes points are: Not subject to claims of animal cruelty or mass production. Low fat, versatile meat. Patriotic and green. Sustainable source. A relief for homeowners? Supporting local business. It is better than a cull and the carcass being destroyed.

Some no points are: Is it safe? Not as cheap as it first appears? Finally - the "yuk" factor!

The squirrel is entirely free range and there are copious amounts available for the taking. They are not kept cooped up in small pens, are not subject to overcrowding or force feeding and there is little risk of the meat being tainted with antibiotic or hormone.

If squirrel were to become part of the mainstream diet, then it is inevitable that they would begin to be farmed in order to bring prices down through increased production. Then they would be subject to the same problems as any other mass produced food source.

In my opinion, no. Most squirrels carry horrid diseases like rabies, and if you were to eat a squirrel with rabies... ........yea.

Debate!

Re: Eating Squirrels!?

That's disgusting! D:
    [center:1kl7qax6]That's hella flush son.[/center:1kl7qax6]

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by PaperBoy95
    That's disgusting! D:
    Pork comes from an animal which pretty much lives in its on shit, and other animals shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperBoy95
    That's disgusting! D:
    Pork comes from an animal which pretty much lives in its on shit, and other animals shit.
    Yeah but pork is goooooood.
    [center:1kl7qax6]That's hella flush son.[/center:1kl7qax6]

Devoted Veteran

Ever tried squirrel?

pork is good

Why do we eat pigs and use dogs as pets? Why can't it be the other way around? It's just moral values and what we grew up with. Eating a pig is the same as eating a squirrel if you ask me. You are still killing an animal and eating it.

Meal

Pet

It's funny how we would kill a pig without hesitation to eat it, and then we take care and love dogs.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Devoted Veteran

People eat dogs.

And it has nothing to do with moral values, the fact of the matter is that dogs are cute, or are good guard dogs - they serve a purpose being in the home, whether it be practical or recreational, pigs on the other hand, generally do not.

.va
    Dedicated Member

For the pig-eaters... fuck you. I don't like pigs, but they're not as stupid as chickens, or even cows. To be honest, I don't feel bad for the chicken.
    As for squirrels, well, whatever.
    Who actually gives a fuck about who eats squirrels? Seems to me like this topic is one of those topics that noobs make when they get bored. :l
    [center:37qg4wyd][img]http://**********.com/img/1251903906.png[/img]
    the noob flamer[/center:37qg4wyd]

Quote Originally Posted by .va
    Seems to me like this topic is one of those topics that noobs make when they get bored. :l
    Then it seems you should've made this thread.

Anyway, with me being Islamic and all, I've eaten some crazy shit. But squirrel? I don't think so...

[center:akkfv4h7][/center:akkfv4h7]

[center:akkfv4h7]"Fuck off bitch, I've got legos to construct."[/center:akkfv4h7]

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast