Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Does President Obama deserve the Nobel peace award?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 37.50%
  • No

15 62.50%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Obama/Nobel peace award?

Lots of people think that Obama getting the Nobel peace award is a waste and he does'nt deserve. Personally i think he does deserve it. He has done alot for so far and i'll admit, he's made some mistakes but he did come in during one of the worst political messes in U.S. history. So what do you think?
    Hi! =)

Re: Obama/Nobel peace award?

i heard it on tv.
    but i think obama isn't the best person to give the award.
    but i don't know who else it should by either.
    [center:3cj1uv4b]someone buy me VIP
    im your son [/center:3cj1uv4b]
    [center:3cj1uv4b][/center:3cj1uv4b]

Fuck me.

He gave 1.4 million dollars away to charity.

Who gets it is not important. The message it delivers is what counts.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

yah, he deserves it.
    must be pretty hard to be a president.
    my thread. / Lovely Art <3 / DD ranks

You can pm me for a comment on your thread.
    I'm always up for a good joint.

Devoted Veteran

It was stated that the prize wasn't given so much for the actions he's done so far so much as his 'vision'. I'm indifferent towards it as of now. I only skimmed through the other candidates but to be honest I don't really see many people who are more deserving.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

I personally think his vision of "change" is fucking this country over. All he's doing is trying to make "peace" with other countries, which won't work at all. He's just spending and giving away money on things that could be spent on MUCH more important things.He does NOT deserve the Nobel.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1253146998.png[/img]
    Credits to Dr.Shift [or whoever the fuck he is now] for the sig.
    I WAS Jack of Blades, who WAS Russian Ninja, who WAS Russian Pivot Jesus, known to most as simply RPJ. Kay?!
    The Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades
    I personally think his vision of "change" is fucking this country over. All he's doing is trying to make "peace" with other countries, which won't work at all. He's just spending and giving away money on things that could be spent on MUCH more important things.He does NOT deserve the Nobel.
    How does that theory work at all? You don't belive his actions for peace will work but don't know yet. You should wait and see if it does turn around. Think about how fucked up we were when he came in. At least he's not like bush.
    Hi! =)

Getting the prize as an encouragement instead of for an achievement is bullshit.

Obama is getting this prize for, and I quote: "His extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples." Whether or not that's true, I don't know, could be. It seems that he's winning an award for basically not being George Bush. If the criteria for the peace prize are this low, I'd consider discontinuing the award entirely.

Obama promised a full retreat from Iraq. There is still a substantial US military force in Iraq. I feel this alone disqualifies him to receive the prize.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    Getting the prize as an encouragement instead of for an achievement is bullshit.

Obama is getting this prize for, and I quote: "His extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples." Whether or not that's true, I don't know, could be. It seems that he's winning an award for basically not being George Bush. If the criteria for the peace prize are this low, I'd consider discontinuing the award entirely.

Obama promised a full retreat from Iraq. There is still a substantial US military force in Iraq. I feel this alone disqualifies him to receive the prize.
    They try to abolish racism, yet they exploit in a way to make Obama look better. If we want equal rights, Obama shouldn't of got this award.
    [center:7qmqkz8r]In God We Trust.[/center:7qmqkz8r]

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast