Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thou Shalt Not Kill

sure if we believe in Jesus and all that, we definatley heard of the ten commandments. One of them is "Thou shalt not kill." Does this go for killing spiders and bugs and the creepy crawleys? Why or Why not?

Re: Thou Shalt Not Kill

What the fuck? No, no it doesn't.

How the hell are you going to compare killing a human being to killing an insect? This is barely even debatable.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    forum rules staff team forum search [/center:1o6efzo1]

Quote Originally Posted by Crono

How the hell are you going to compare killing a human being to killing an insect? This is barely even debatable.
    I'm just saying, to normal society, no it is not even close, but to god a kill is a kill, if you kill one of God's creations, isn't that still a sin

h4x0r

I came into this thread for an interesting debate

I was horribly mistaken

Listen, if you don't think it is too interesting, fine, im just trying to give something to think a little bit about
    im not too religious either so i understand what you guy's are saying, i want an actual answer though

NO IT FUCKING ISN'T.

I've even gone to church school, and they've denied the possibility of killing an insect being a mortal sin!

Stop trying to seem like you know what you're talking about. "isnt kilin a bug a sinn??/? cuz god maed it"
    See You Space Honkboy...

Devoted Veteran

Context is important.. Animals were sacrificed in the old testament as a way to confess and have your sins forgiven, so no, it does not apply to animals.
    (Please note I'm making this post from the view point of a Christian, but not necessarily saying it is true or isn't true)
    The difference between humans and animals is that humans were made in God's image; not to be confused of course with the assumption that God has the physical appearance of humans, but more or less that we were made to be love (not show love, be love) as he is. Another difference is that humans have souls, whereas animals do not. Now this does not mean that Christianity condones purposeless killing of animals considering they should respect what God has made.

Hope this made sense.

EDIT: Dr. Shift, you're no better than he is. You haven't given any reason as to why it wouldn't be a mortal sin, you simply yelled at him for being stupid.
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Quote Originally Posted by ipwnall
    Context is important.. Animals were sacrificed in the old testament as a way to confess and have your sins forgiven, so no, it does not apply to animals.
    (Please note I'm making this post from the view point of a Christian, but not necessarily saying it is true or isn't true)
    The difference between humans and animals is that humans were made in God's image; not to be confused of course with the assumption that God has the physical appearance of humans, but more or less that we were made to be love (not show love, be love) as he is. Another difference is that humans have souls, whereas animals do not. Now this does not mean that Christianity condones purposeless killing of animals considering they should respect what God has made.

Hope this made sense.
    now see this is what i was looking for, not the other people who bugged out over a question!

Actually it does say not to kill anything. Why would a human life be more important than a bug? I'm not religious but I can't imagine God going like "ok guys, you can kill animals and bugs and shit but don't kill other humans kthx"...
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyo

Actually it does say not to kill anything. Why would a human life be more important than a bug? I'm not religious but I can't imagine God going like "ok guys, you can kill animals and bugs and shit but don't kill other humans kthx"...
    THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES!

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast