Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: 'Possesion'

'Possesion'

In the Middle Ages there were reports of 'werewolves' and the likes, as a matter of fact people even admitted becoming a wolf creature in the dead of night. Today we know this to be utter bullshit. We know that a mold inhabited the wheat in that time and when the wheat was formed into bread and was eaten, it caused hallucinations. Today, however; demon possesion seems to be a hot topic among the religious zealots. Now are these accounts of demonic possesion attributed to publicity seeking people or some other reason.

Debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: 'Possesion'

Well, medically speaking, ever personality disorder and complex could come into play here, so these events are medically recognised, simply categorized in a more "sophisticated" way.

What I don't get is how every time the priest comes in and does his little prayer the phenomenon dissapears.
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

What? That makes no sense. The demon or evil creature is supposed to be feeding off negative energy, so once a priest would come in and do an exorcism it would kind of destroy the spirit using holy water, prayers, crosses, or something like that.
    And you have to agree that this could actually be real. I just can't see millions of people faking this kind of stuff. It could have something medical to do with your brain.. like loosing control or something.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyo
    I just can't see millions of people faking this kind of stuff.
    Read any book about the Salem witches hysteria, fiction or not, and then try saying that again without thinking it's fucking stupid. You can do what they did on a massive scale. You can do anything on a massive scale.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Reminds me of a show i use to watch on A and E on sundays. They would find all kinds of ghosts and shit and id sit there thinking no way. Ive never experienced anything and i doubt i ever will.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1255480693.jpg[/img]
    my thread

http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... 8#p1189878

Quote Originally Posted by kahgro22
    In the Middle Ages there were reports of 'werewolves' and the likes, as a matter of fact people even admitted becoming a wolf creature in the dead of night. Today we know this to be utter bullshit. We know that a mold inhabited the wheat in that time and when the wheat was formed into bread and was eaten, it caused hallucinations. Today, however; demon possesion seems to be a hot topic among the religious zealots. Now are these accounts of demonic possesion attributed to publicity seeking people or some other reason.

Debate.
    Take a look at The Crucible. Great play about the Salem Witch Trials. It has a scene in it that shows a flying girl, etc. It's a great example of what mass hysteria/McCarthyism can do to people. Possession isn't scientifically possible nor is it even fallible. Nothing but a simple mind trick I think. Also, that stuff in the grain wasn't in Middle Ages. It was with the Puritans and Salem Witch Trials and it was infected rye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky
    Also, that stuff in the grain wasn't in Middle Ages. It was with the Puritans and Salem Witch Trials and it was infected rye.
    I doubt that. It took place in Europe.
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!