Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Devoted Veteran

Respect towards your Parents

Not sure how good of a debate this will make, but it's worth a shot.

Do you believe that respect towards your parents should be required no matter what the circumstances, or do you believe that parents should have to earn this respect?
    [center:2mwkv12p][/center:2mwkv12p]

Re: Respect towards your Parents

Ive always been nice to my parents. Sometimes they can get on my nerves, But yeah they get my respect no matter what.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1255480693.jpg[/img]
    my thread

http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... 8#p1189878

Fanatic Enthusiast Flaming Wolf's Avatar

I have all the respect in the world for my dad. He's cool, calm, and down to Earth. My mom? Holy shit. She's way way way too emotional, only cares about herself, and spends large sums of money then blames my dad and I for spending to much. She's a bitch, she doesn't respect me at all, so I just avoid her. She can't really chase me, and when she tries to argue I win. With no problem, she's dumb.

Respecting your parents has to go hand in hand with parents respecting you, and your life, since my mom doesn't have respect for me, I return the favor. My dad respects my life, my goals in life, and my attempts at reaching them, so I do all I can to obey him, or at the very least listen intently to what he has to say.
    [center:3m01loo1]CHECK IT OUT, I'M BACK
    ^THREAD^[/center:3m01loo1]

Parents automatically deserve respect from their children. They raised the child up to their current age. If they've made slight mistakes (made them lose a friend, lost an object of value or yelled at them) then the parents should be forgiven. Respect shouldn't be lost for mild things. They're are the reason the children are here, almost like their raison d'ętre.

Though, if parents have abused their children, respect should be lost. A parent abusing their gift to bear children is like a judge imprisoning innocent suspects. It's inexcusable in most circumstances. There are many levels of abuse though, from grounding a child to relieve stress to all those beautiful forms of sexual abuse. So I'll put the bar at "beating your child so to relieve your frustration".
    That's when respect should be lost.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

I've always respected my parents...
    i think parents shouldn't have to earn the respect of their children,
    but they could lose that respect, for whatever reason, depending
    on how emotional the kid is, than they have to earn it back.

I've always respected my parents, even if they had to earn my respect, which they don't, they would have it.

I respect my parents because they're my parents, it wouldn't seem right if I didn't. I've been around people, mainly little kids, that don't really show too much respect for their folks, and it's pretty awkward if you ask me.
    [center:1o6efzo1]
    «« forum rulesstaff teamforum search »»[/center:1o6efzo1]

P2k

I respect them to a certain extent. I used to a lot more, but I can't stand it when they play the 'parent' card. I can't win an argument, regardless of how terrible their logic is, simply because they're my parents? No. There should be a line. Simply put, I used to respect them because they used to respect me. However, lately, I have gotten zero respect from both. As a result, I'll give them zero respect.

I know it seems strange, most of my friends think I'm being ridiculous; but that's how I see it. I know they raised me, taught me, and were nice to me whilst growing up; but they've been a pain in the ass lately .. and I'm not one to give respect to those who don't deserve it.

I'm typically the same way towards most adults, including my teachers; I've gotten in a lot of shit from it.. but it doesn't matter. I respect everyone when I first meet them, and if they don't return the favour.. then fuck 'em.

That's how I believe it should be. Obviously you can make an effort to give them respect even if they aren't entirely returning the favour, but there's always a point to which it get's out of hand.
    -

I give full respect to my parents well because they are probably the only people who actually care for you. If you lose their respect at a young age or at any time you'll find life alot harder. Think about children who lose their parents due to some accident or disease. Basically you shouldnt shout or yell at them in my opinion.

Here's an example of a boy really bad with his parents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPzFB9SW ... re=related
    [center:313vnxms]DarkIce -> Kultivate -> Xehanort > Ruben -> DarkIce -> ULTRA1337piv0tz[/center:313vnxms]

Of course. You came from your dad's balls and out your mother's vagina, so you should be grateful that they even felt like having you. Stepparents on the other hand...
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast