Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polygamy

Dedicated Member

Polygamy

In Western society, having more than one spouse is illegal and a giant taboo magnet. To some it may seem degrading to the people involved, knowing that the one they have needs more than just them. On the other hand, should the government really get involved in a personal desicion like how many people you marry?
    What's your opinion?

Re: Polygamy

Well, for starters, everyone who grew up in the West will oh so OBVIOUSLY be biased.

For Example, I might believe that polygamy is the equivalent of being a whore.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dan
    In Western society, having more than one spouse is illegal and a giant taboo magnet. To some it may seem degrading to the people involved, knowing that the one they have needs more than just them. On the other hand, should the government really get involved in a personal desicion like how many people you marry?
    What's your opinion?
    Not illegal. First of all, you don't have to get married to have sexual activities. And if you do want to get married by your religion, it is at the Church's discretion. But I'm not sure if it is possib;e to be married legally (civically) to more than one person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahgro
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

Quote Originally Posted by kahgro22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dan
    What's your opinion?
    Not illegal. First of all, you don't have to get married to have sexual activities. And if you do want to get married by your religion, it is at the Church's discretion. But I'm not sure if it is possib;e to be married legally (civically) to more than one person.
    Hate to break it to you, but polygamy is illegal in most countries including ours and western civilizations.
    Canada: Illegal according to the Criminal Code of Canada, Section 293
    Eritrea: Legal in areas under Sharia only (up to four wives).
    All the 27 countries of the European Union (see special note for the United Kingdom): Illegal.
    Iran: Legal with written consent from the first wife (up to four wives).
    Libya: Legal with written consent from the first wife (up to four wives).
    Morocco: Permitted for Muslims, restrictions apply.
    Tunisia: Illegal.
    Turkey: Illegal.
    United Kingdom: Illegal if the marriage took place in the UK, but recognized (for some private purposes; but not for e.g. pension, immigration or citizenship rights) if it took place in another country where the law allows it if the parties were domiciled in that country.
    United States: Illegal in all 50 states.
    Uzbekistan: Illegal.
    Granted, the information is from Wikipedia, but I did google it as well and these are pretty accurate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy#By_country

Now, there has been debates about it becoming legal in some western societies, but it's still considered a crime at the moment.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

It may be 'illegal', as in the government refusing to give you the proper papers; but, you can still do all the things, without the papers. The papers just make it official. You can sleep with 5 women at the same time, and that would be perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob
    Son of a bitch!
    You called?
    OMG! What a Chomp!

You can sleep with 5 women at the same time, and that would be perfectly fine.
    Yeah, but we're talking about marrying them, not fucking them.
    "The Good Book once said, 'Moses spoke thus to the people of Israel, but they did not listen to Moses, because of their broken spirit and harsh slavery.'

This is irrelevant, but it still rings true, I guess?"

I don't really see the problem. It's a recipe for fucking disaster of the Hindenburg kind, but if all participants are consenting adults there is nothing to object to.

Quote Originally Posted by Damon
    I don't really see the problem. It's a recipe for fucking disaster of the Hindenburg kind, but if all participants are consenting adults there is nothing to object to.
    This. I'm all for sexualities of any kind, and if the 3 or more people believe that love/partnership can be spread between more than 2 parties, there's no problem. Obviously, society may think otherwise..
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

^ >.>

I have nothing against Polygamy, like Picto said, if everyone in that relationship is fine with it there shouldn't be a problem at all.

Dedicated Member

That's illegal? Uh-oh
    [center:1omt0ts6][/center:1omt0ts6]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast