Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Dedicated Member

religious tolerance?

Ok, lately I have seen religious debates everywhere, everyone seems to either want everyone to beleif this, or everyone to beleive that. I'm not sure I see the point of pressing one veiw or another, when all it does is provoke useless arguement about who's right. Even if you have proof the most you can do with it is show people, and beleive it if you want to. I realise it is human nature to argue and be stubborn, but this is a useless arguement. I think it would be a good idea if people shut up and let others beleive what they want. Even if you think they are going to hell, or are ignorant.

The point of this thread is for duscussion on why there isn't religious tolorence, if there ever could be, or if there should be. This is NOT a religion vs science thread.

Fyreal already said there will be no religious conversation so its pointless to post this thread. This should be locked.
    [center:spejwvlf][/center:spejwvlf]

Dedicated Member
    its not like hes saying this religion is good and that one is bad...

hes just saying pressuring somone to beleive this and to do that is not a good idea

people have different beleifs

and if ur any kind of christion u shouldnt care about wat other people think... as christians u shouldnt be pressuring people, i know this. also jsut because they arent a christiuan it doesnt mean they are going to hell.

god says that to go to heaven is to fill ur life goodness and live it to the fullest.

as long as they are not hardcore serial killers they will go to heaven.

everyone goes to heaven. the people who go to hell choose to.

i dont see y u argue about this stuff seeing how U could be wrong.

Enthusiast

Alright here's my chip off the block...

1. Believe whatever the hell you want.
    2. Don't tell other people to believe it too. That's their decision.
    3. If someone tries #2 on you, tell them to STFU.

That's pretty much all I have to say.

Animations - Do not Click Me - And Me Neither
    You have good sight, or good ctrl+c, ctrl+v skills. Also your computer might be set to %500 magnification.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSupra
    Fyreal already said there will be no religious conversation so its pointless to post this thread. This should be locked.
    Ah you misunderstood me. When I said bullshit, I meant offtopic or stupid arguments over religion. Also, this is not a religion vs. other argument.

Okay, my two cents:
    Christians either fully believe in Christianity, or they aren't Christians. This is why there are only two sides to most arguments, Christians vs. Non-Christians. The way I see it, Christians think that they are even better Christians when they try to convert someone, or share their beliefs. And sometimes they get a little too wrapped up in trying to become a better Christian. The Non-Christians get annoyed at the Christians for believing something that they think is totally untrue. And the argument starts.

What I'm trying to say is that there is no middle ground, because you're either a good Christian or you're not a Christian.

And frankly, these arguments are getting on everyone's nerves. I think we're going to have to start warning people if they carry on, regardless of which side you're on.

Click here to find my latest old Pivot animations.
    Click here to find my good old Pivot animations.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreal
    Okay, my two cents:
    Christians either fully believe in Christianity, or they aren't Christians..
    there are many types of christianity. saying christianity is like saying baseball player...he plays baseball but u dont know wat team hes on.

chritisans have catholics, protistant, jews....god the list goes on..

i heard but im not sure that there are over 200 types of christianity though some only have like 200 people who beleive them.

some christians dont beleive in other things that others do..

like for example

catholic priests CANT get married bcus they are married to god.

BUT

protistant priest CAN get married. like reverend love joy from the Simpsons.

MG
    Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by monkow
    lol, you're semi-right...Jews aren't Christians; not even close =P

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MG
    Quote Originally Posted by monkow
    lol, you're semi-right...Jews aren't Christians; not even close =P
    lol sry ya i forgot...but they do beleive in god lol but not jesus

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreal
    Christians either fully believe in Christianity, or they aren't Christians.
    SOMEONE AGREES! God damn! People aren't Christian unless they follow Christianity! I know a gay person that is Christian. Wtf. That makes no sense, because being gay is a Christian sin! He says it doesn't matter, God still loves him. Still he's not Christian.

Now, about the tolerance thing. I strongly disbelieve in this stuff, but I like studying it. My problem is that I can't see God. I would belive if I had proof! People have told me that that's where the FAITH part comes in. I say soemthing has to spark my faith. If I suddenly say that a giant lobster pooped out the earth, people will say I'm a retard, because there is no proof. Also, I don't find the prospect of Hell sensical. God gives us a choice right? To follow him or be damned. If he loved us, he shouldn't sned us to Hell for making a choice.

Let's get one thing straight: WE WILL NEVER KNOW IF THIS IS REAL UNTIL WE DIE.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffkw

SOMEONE AGREES! God damn! People aren't Christian unless they follow Christianity! I know a gay person that is Christian. Wtf. That makes no sense, because being gay is a Christian sin! He says it doesn't matter, God still loves him. Still he's not Christian.
    being gay is not a sin. but practicing gay sex is

Fyreal: Stay on topic Monkow.